Plugin Contributions

Default Footer Disappears on Product Info Page Only

I'm working on my product info page layout and have installed the Product Info Across v1-0. I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but I just noticed that the footer is cut off on this page, but not on others. I've done very little to the php, messed around with the css. I don't know if anyone can help without more details, but maybe someone can at least point me towards the right file.

If it helps to see it, if you go to www.blackorchidcouture.com, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on my one lonely product down there, it will take you to the page I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance! And I'm using 1.3.9a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Footer Disappears on Product Info Page Only

The page is dying just before the Tell a Friend button. Did you do anything weird with that ?

After that, it's the Reviews button and the 'Product date added' and the product URL.

The file would probably be tpl_product_info_display.php - if you edited that file with something other than a text editor, that might be the problem.
    Last edited by stevesh; 7 Jun 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    The page is dying just before the Tell a Friend button. Did you do anything weird with that ?

After that, it's the Reviews button and the 'Product date added' and the product URL.

The file would probably be tpl_product_info_display.php - if you edited that file with something other than a text editor, that might be the problem.
    Do you have a way you're able to see where the page is dying? How does one do that?

I did mess with that file, but thought I did it correctly, and I did use a text editor. I basically rearranged blocks of code so that the product description was above the attributes and cart button, and I was sure to pay attention to all the <!--bof and <!--eof lines so that everything was placed correctly.

Here's the weird thing: I just uploaded the original tpl_product_info_display.php which came with the add on, and the footer is still missing! I haven't changed that file at all, so it must not be this php file that's the problem. I do have Tell a Friend disabled, would that make a difference?

Thank you for your help!!

Plugin Contributions

In your browser, View - Source (for IE) or View - Page Source (in FF) and you can see where the code ends.

What happens if you remove that file from your override folder and let the default take over ?