Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading database questions

Does anyone know what would cause this error when trying to update to 1.3.9d from 1.3.8a

1253 COLLATION 'latin1_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'

Plugin Contributions

I was not able to solve the problem but I was able to get arround the issue by installing easy populate and outputting the csv then I just installed a new copy of zen and then inserted the csv.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fusionsp View Post
    and I tried to do the database update anyways and it came back with an error

1253 COLLATION 'latin1_general_ci' is not valid for CHARACTER SET 'utf8'
    in:
    [CREATE TABLE counter_history_clean as SELECT * FROM counter_history WHERE 1 GROUP BY startdate COLLATE latin1_general_ci;]
    I got the same error and my site says " NOTICE: The website is currently Down For Maintenance to the public
    Warning Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels."
    at the top. And I can't get to my admin page.

Plugin Contributions

When upgrading the database it will put the store in a down for MAINTENANCE status. After you get back into admin you can that by going to config -> WEBSITE MAINTENANCE

Admin should sill work even if the update faild. Are you having troubble loggin in or can you not get to your admin login page?

Plugin Contributions

I just figured the admin page out. Missing one backslash in the configure file. Thanks! Now if I could just upgrade the database properly.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when I go to Upgrade Database again after the error, it says that the database appears up to date. Perhaps the database is up to date and just has not updated in the Admin section?

I thought about just using Easy Populate and reinstalling ZenCart, but all my customer accounts and changes I've made to the site would be gone. So hopefully someone comes up with a fix for this, or I'll have to give in and reinstall after the weekend.

well, i fixed my issue. it turned out to be linked to the counter problem.

I had duplicates in my counter file since I upgraded wrong last time i did it.

heres the link to that thread http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ounter+history

What I had to do was first enter the correct code in my includes/counter.php which is located on the 2nd page of that link.

Secondly i had to recreate the counter file itself which is done through entering a command string into the SQL patch.

then I just re-ran the zc_install and clicked on the 1.3.8 to 1.3.9 upgrade. it errored 3 times but ended up processing 32 commands for me.

My database now reads 1.3.9d

Thanks for everyones help and i hope this may help someone else
    http://www.fusionspiritualemporium.com
    Contrib: Events Calender v1.02 update

Plugin Contributions

I did that fusionsp, but it did not work for me

I already had the correct code in the counter.php file, emptied my Counter History, then I ran that script, and ran the database update and received the same still. My Admin still says 1.3.8 for the database.

Plugin Contributions

Everyone getting the 'utf8' error when upgrading the database, go do the fix DrByte posted at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...48&postcount=6

It's just so simple it actually makes sense! I tried everything else listed on this site and none worked. But the fix DrByte found worked for me and my database is now 1.3.9d like it should be. Hope that works for everyone else

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simply_sterling View Post
    Everyone getting the 'utf8' error when upgrading the database, go do the fix DrByte posted at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...48&postcount=6

It's just so simple it actually makes sense! I tried everything else listed on this site and none worked. But the fix DrByte found worked for me and my database is now 1.3.9d like it should be. Hope that works for everyone else
    That was it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12