Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Need help. PAYPAL problem after upgrade to 1.3.9d

Hi guys,

I received the email from paypal after I upgraded zencart to 1.3.9d. The detail is as below. Anyone what's the problem? and how to solve it? Thanks a lot for your help.

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://mywebsite.com/ipn_main_handler.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thanks again

Silva

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help. PAYPAL problem after upgrade to 1.3.9d

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am receiving exactly the same emails from PayPal, *but* the IPNs are only failing for PayPal Express notifications. They are not failing for credit card transactions via PayPal Website Payments Pro.

I have read the PayPal configuration gude mentioned above. I have Auto Return for Website Payments switched off. I do not want customers to complete their payment when they login to PayPal, I want them to return to my site to complete the final stage. Actually, this is what my customers want. I did switch Auto Return on, but had to switch it off after one hour due to complaints from customers.

Does Auto Return have to be switched on for IPN to work with Zen Cart 1.3.9x?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have looked at one of the PayPal Express payments from when I had Auto Return switched on and the IPN failed. The PayPal website was in status "Retrying" for that payment notification until they eventually disabled my IPNs. Before PayPal disabled my IPNs the sent me a couple emails saying " PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning.

I have followed the Zen Cart instructions to the letter for setting up IPN, but it fails for PayPal Express payments in Zen Cart 1.3.9x. I am using the correct URLs as suggested in the PayPal module.

Credit Card payments via PayPal Website Payments Pro are OK.

I have tried this using 1.3.9c. I upgraded to 1.3.9d at the weekend, so tried it with that and PayPal Express payment IPNs are still failing, i.e., they are perpetually in status "Retrying" until PayPal disable IPNs. I have tested IPN using the ipncheck.php testing tool, but that says:
    Code:
    IPN TESTING - Response Received via CURL -- COMMUNICATIONS OKAY

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wilorc View Post
    I have read the PayPal configuration gude mentioned above. I have Auto Return for Website Payments switched off. I do not want customers to complete their payment when they login to PayPal, I want them to return to my site to complete the final stage. Actually, this is what my customers want. I did switch Auto Return on, but had to switch it off after one hour due to complaints from customers.

Does Auto Return have to be switched on for IPN to work with Zen Cart 1.3.9x?
    That's not what Auto-Return is for.
    The Auto Return switch is only used to determine whether a customer who is completing checkout via Website Payments Standard is required to click a button to come back to your site after the transaction, vs be automatically redirected in 5 seconds without having to click.
    And, since you *do* want them to come back to your site, you *do* want the auto-return to be enabled.
    If you're not using Website Payments Standard, the switch setting is irrelevant.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I think my second post more or less is saying the same as what you've said, i.e, Auto Return is not the issue here.

As per my second post above, I have configured my PayPal account and Zen Cart Admin exactly as per the instructions you have given. However, IPNs are failing as per the information I have provided. This only happens in 1.3.9x.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Dr Byte, have you been able to replicate this problem, or do you have IPNs working with a Zen Cart 1.3.9x install?

Plugin Contributions

I noticed a difference between the Notification URL in PayPal Website Pro (Credit Card) IPNs and in PayPal Express IPNs, so I asked PayPal to look at this.

Background Information
    When I login to my PayPal account and go to my IPN History and click on a Message ID to look the IPN detils, I see this in a PayPal Express IPN:

Notification URL https%3A%2F%2Fwww.[my_domoain].com%2Fipn_main_handler.php
    In Website Payment Pro (Credit Card) IPN Messages I see this:

Notification URL https://www.[my_domoain].com/ipn_main_handler.php
    The PayPal Express IPNs show the Notification URL in a URL encoded format, whereas the Website Payments Pro IPNs do not.

Here is the response I received from PayPal about PayPal Express IPNs:

Our API logs show that you're posting the "NOTIFYURL" value as:
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildorchidcrafts.com%2Fipn_main_handler.php.

Do you have a copy of the API request you're posting to us? The API request will show exactly what you're posting to us and we can compare it with our records.

Unfortunately, I do not know where to find the "API Request". I have logging switched on for PayPal Express and Website payments Pro. Should I send them these logs??

Looks like PayPal are suggesting that Zen Cart is URL encoding the NOTIFYURL value, which causes the IPNs to fail for PayPal Express.

Plugin Contributions

It turns out PayPal wanted the parameters submitted for DoExpressCheckoutPayment and SetExpressCheckout. I have submitted this information to them.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

But both DoExpressCheckoutPayment and DoDirectPayment are urlencoding the NOTIFYURL as per PayPal's specs.

Plugin Contributions

In that case, then, they are not URL decoding correctly, because the Notification URL is URL encoded in IPN message when I login to Paypal and look at the IPN history for PayPal Express IPNs, but it is not displayed as URL encoded for Website payment pro (credit card) messages.

Thanks for the info about URL encoding as per PayPal specs. Very useful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast