Plugin Contributions

Default "Shopping cart is empty" error when adding new product, after changing servers

Today, i have come across a new problem related with either 'cache' or session'. As soon as i go for checkout after adding product in the cart, the message "Your shopping cart is empty" displays.

I have gone through different threads related with this issue but none of them helped me out.

Note:
    I have already applied 'fix_cache_key.php' and it has updated the path in "Session Directory". Further if i apply, it shows "No change requires".

Please suggest me what else i can do to resolve this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Shopping cart is empty" error when adding new product

What happens if you try to login? Are you able to login? Do you also lose your cart?

What version of Zen Cart?

Is this a Clean install or an Upgrade?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, i'm using Fast and Easy Checkout and i lose the shopping cart contents. You know there is no need to login if someone wants to purchase a product without login.

I'm currently using 1.3.8a version.

I have just shifted my site from shared to virtual dedicated server. It was working fine on shared hosting.

You can also try it and see if you successfully reaches to checkout page (Paypal) after adding product to cart.

http://www.solutioninn.com

Plugin Contributions

Then I would check on the thread that supports the Fast and Easy Checkout ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, don't you feel if the problem is related with 'cache' or 'session' ??
    I'm still not able to find out exact reason for this problem.

Plugin Contributions

It could be ... but you are using an Add On that is not part of Zen Cart ...

That makes me think this could be related to your Add On having issues with cache and sessions ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, but it is very surprising. I have just tested it and now i see the time out error as soon as press the "add to cart" button.

Sometime i see 'time out' error or sometime it is "Your shopping cart is empty"

If you can visit the site with removing your IE cache you can also see the unexpected behavior.

Your help is highly appreciable.

Plugin Contributions

Now i have got the clear picture of the problem.

I add the product to the cart, then press the checkout button it takes me to the page where i see option for either "new sign up" or continue using FEC. When i press the "continue button for FEC it takes to the new page where i just enter the email address (because i assign dynmaic first name and last name in hidden fields for user, this is the FEC page). I enter the information and press the button to "Proceed to checkout". Here i see "Your shopping cart is empty". This page is basically the FEC page.

Now i think you can suggest me some good solution.

Thanks.