Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Backup MySQL mod v1.4 - problem

Dr. Byte,
    I've upgraded from ZC 138a to 139d. In 138a I was using 1.3 of your MYSQL Backup mod which worked fine. Since upgrading to 139d and 1.4 of the mod I now get this error (in the screenshot):

Name:  DB Backup Error.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  34.7 KB

While this isn't critical to use this mod it is convenient. My store runs fine so my DB username and password in my configures are correct and functioning properly. Have any idea why I get this error now? Anything I might change in your code to eliminate this?

Thanks!

Rod
    Earnest Enterprises

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Backup MySQL mod v1.4 - problem

Is the username and "localhost" as shown in the screenshot actually correct?
    What operating system is the server running? windoze vs linux? IIS vs Apache?
    Which PHP version?
    Which MySQL version?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is the username and "localhost" as shown in the screenshot actually correct?
    What operating system is the server running? windoze vs linux? IIS vs Apache?
    Which PHP version?
    Which MySQL version?
    Yes, the username is correct. My host (JustHost) prefixes the base name of my account with the user for the database.

"localhost" is also correct.

What operating system is the server running? Linux
    Apache version: 2.2.15
    Which PHP version? 5.2.13
    Which MySQL version? 5.0.90-community

(My apologies....I meant this to be posted in the support thread for your BACKUP MYSQL mod...).

Thanks....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try this:
    - click on the "Backup" button.
    - this will open the backup-dialog sidebar
    - Edit the URL in your Address Bar, and add &debug=ON to the end of it, and press Enter.
    - Now click the Backup button in the sidebar.
    This will show some additional technical info about what it's trying to do. Copy and paste that debug output here (replacing your DB password with XXXXXX).

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Will do, Dr. Byte. Thanks....

Plugin Contributions

Here's what I get when running MYBACKUP from my admin and appending &debug=ON to the end of the URL:

Checking Path: /usr/bin/
    COMMAND FILES SELECTED:
    mysqlexe="/usr/bin/mysql"
    mysqldumpexe="/usr/bin/mysqldump"
    COMMAND: "/usr/bin/mysqldump" "--host=localhost" "--user=earnest3_Admin" "--password=XXXXXXXXXX" --opt --complete-insert "--result-file=/home/earnest3/public_html/admin/backups/db_earnest3_zen139d-20100622180548.sql" earnest3_zen139d 2>&1
    Result code: 2
    valueA: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'earnest3_Admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    valueB:
    0 => mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'earnest3_Admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    Failure: The database has NOT been saved.
    Know that your mod (v1.3) worked fine in 138a. I don't know that I've changed anything other than just installing your v1.4 of the mod into 139d. My hosting service does offer ZC through my Cpanel if I want to install it through them but not being sure what version of ZC they were using I did a manual ZC install, having done it several times before. It may very well be something my host may have to tackle.

Thanks...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There were changes in the v1.4 edition of the addon which may be affecting you. Namely the double-quotes were added around most of the parameters. It's possible that your mysqldump app is rejecting the password because it's expecting it in a different format ... perhaps with only one set of quotes and all the stuff inside that one set.

The double-quotes were added mostly for windoze compatibility reasons.

Ironically it seems to work fine on the 3 live Linux servers I put it on before I published the updated zip.

So, it's kinda hard to test this without having the same environment where it's failing on you.

You could go into the file and edit out the 2 double-quote marks (middle and end of each line) on lines 123, 124, 125, and see if that makes any difference.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed it on my Debian 5 Linux setup with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.51 and Apache 2.2.9 and it worked flawlessly.

Plugin Contributions

I'll try removing the double quotes and see if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Problem solved!...

In editing my configures using Crimson Editor I noticed a different character coloring in my DB password string. The different character coloring started with the character $ and continued to the end of the string. My password was not being read as a valid DB password to access the DB as it stopped at the $ character.

In all honesty I most likely would have never caught that had I been using a black and white editor like Notepad.

Apparently when using a password generator it's not a good idea to include symbol characters in a password (at least in the case of the configure.php files).

Changed my password to only alpha/numeric characters and a backup was done pronto under admin without a hitch.

A lesson learned here. Thanks to all for their input.

(Dr. Byte...I had tried removing the double quotes prior to what I discovered but that didn't work...have now put them back as you designed the mod. Had I pasted my password along with the code earlier instead of XXXXX I would imagine you would have caught it.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast