Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Account History Info page doesn't show latest status if status comments marked "hide"

    When using the -Hide option, it hides the changed order status in account_history_info page when the order is viewed by the customer, but it doesn't seem to hide it in account_history page or when viewing the latest orders on account page.

    Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or have I missed something in the upgrade?

    I'm using version 1.39d upgraded from fresh install of 1.38a.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    63,431
    Blog Entries
    5
    Plugin Contributions
    183

    Default Re: 1.3.9d new feature question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jk10 View Post
    When using the -Hide option, it hides the changed order status in account_history_info page when the order is viewed by the customer, but it doesn't seem to hide it in account_history page or when viewing the latest orders on account page.

    Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or have I missed something in the upgrade?

    I'm using version 1.39d upgraded from fresh install of 1.38a.
    Um ... it hides the private comments fine. Such comments are never shown on the "account_history" page or in the list of "latest orders on account page".
    So, I'm having trouble understanding what you're expecting to see different and why.
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 1.3.9d new feature question.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Um ... it hides the private comments fine. Such comments are never shown on the "account_history" page or in the list of "latest orders on account page".
    So, I'm having trouble understanding what you're expecting to see different and why.
    Thanks for your reply.

    What I'm trying to say is when a customer places an order and I change the order status for example from "pending" to "processing" with the new -Hide option selected (without typing in any comments on the order), this is what the customer sees:

    1. index.php?main_page=account says the order status is "processing"

    2. index.php?main_page=account_history says the order status is "processing"

    BUT, if the -Hide option is supposed to only hide the comments (which I didn't add) and not hide the new status of the order, why the order status is unchanged in account_history_info:

    3. index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=xx says the order status is still "pending"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    63,431
    Blog Entries
    5
    Plugin Contributions
    183

    Default Re: 1.3.9d new feature question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jk10 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    What I'm trying to say is when a customer places an order and I change the order status for example from "pending" to "processing" with the new -Hide option selected (without typing in any comments on the order), this is what the customer sees:

    1. index.php?main_page=account says the order status is "processing"

    2. index.php?main_page=account_history says the order status is "processing"

    BUT, if the -Hide option is supposed to only hide the comments (which I didn't add) and not hide the new status of the order, why the order status is unchanged in account_history_info:

    3. index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=xx says the order status is still "pending"
    Oh, that's clearly different than how you first worded it. I see what you're saying now.
    You'll have to work around that by actually adding a non-hidden update to "Processing" in addition to whatever private update you choose to add.
    I'm not sure why you'd make an update to Processing be hidden anyway, but I'm sure there's a reason (it would be helpful if you would share it).
    So, just add *another* update (with or without unhidden comments) for the status you want them to see.

    We'll consider looking at this small display issue in a future release. But hiding updates to status changes doesn't make sense, and that seems to be what you're asking for. Why do you want to hide it from your customer?
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Account History Info page doesn't show latest status if status comments marked "h

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Oh, that's clearly different than how you first worded it. I see what you're saying now.
    You'll have to work around that by actually adding a non-hidden update to "Processing" in addition to whatever private update you choose to add.
    I'm not sure why you'd make an update to Processing be hidden anyway, but I'm sure there's a reason (it would be helpful if you would share it).
    So, just add *another* update (with or without unhidden comments) for the status you want them to see.

    We'll consider looking at this small display issue in a future release. But hiding updates to status changes doesn't make sense, and that seems to be what you're asking for. Why do you want to hide it from your customer?
    Sorry about the confusion.

    I was playing with the -Hide feature on my test shop trying to find out what it does exactly. I updated my test order with the -Hide option selected and looked at index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=xx page and made a quick assumption that it in fact hides the status update from the customer. I didn't know *this* was the minor bug.

    So, I'm not trying to hide status updates from actual customers, I was just testing the new feature and misunderstood how it is supposed to work.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. v150 Gigantic Flag pic in "Order Status" / Cannot re-order or edit "order status" text
    By lindagal2 in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25 Aug 2016, 06:16 PM
  2. v154 Getting Rid of "Delivered" Status In Order History
    By fabienne in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29 Jan 2016, 05:23 PM
  3. Changing "Default Order Status" from "Delivered" to "Shipped"
    By CookieMonster in forum Customization from the Admin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25 Nov 2014, 12:22 AM
  4. Status History & Comments
    By deko in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19 Jun 2009, 01:40 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2 Jan 2009, 12:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR