Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Authorize.net - An error occurred

set site to ENABLE_SSL = false for cart, store, & admin.

Site stayed in http throughout transaction. Error code came in on https:

The error is coming from authorize.net

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

I'll get back to you all. I may start to use the emotacons...

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Authorize.net - An error occurred

OK I have the issue.

I set up the authorize.net SIM module for capture instead of authorize. This was confusing to authorize.net because the SIM is supposed to send customers to them for the check out.

I want my customers to stay on my site so I need to set up the Authorize.net AIM module.

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately I broke the site so I will restore from last night.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net - An error occurred

It shouldn't matter which mode you have the module set to. That just determines how far Authnet should go in processing the transaction. You're allowed to authorize-only or fully-capture, whether using SIM or AIM.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I think you should also fix your SSL problem before you try fixing other things which *use* your SSL.
    Namely your SSL pages aren't using your stylesheets because you've misconfigured your SSL settings, causing the store to look for https://secure91.inmotionhosting.com/~stress10/shop/shop/includes/xxxxxxxxxx/stylesheet.css

Remove the "shop/" from the HTTPS_SERVER setting.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When speaking with authorize.net they stated that the SIM module was specifically set up for them to handle the transactions. He said that that is why I was having the error message. It came from their server.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swhiting View Post
    When speaking with authorize.net they stated that the SIM module was specifically set up for them to handle the transactions.
    Yes. But that's got nothing to do with "authorize" vs "capture".
    Quote Originally Posted by swhiting View Post
    He said that that is why I was having the error message. It came from their server.
    Yes, the error message was being reported by their server because they detected that they were having a problem redirecting the customer back to your site upon completion of checkout.
    And *that* usually is a result of configuring your site with bad URLs and/or bad addons and/or things that do things like url-rewriting, and/or things that slow your site down so long that it takes more than 10-20 seconds for the page to draw and give a response.

So, I suggest you fix your SSL issue next ;)

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Authorize.net - An error occurred

OK Dr Byte,

Thank you for your help. I don't know how I got rid of the extra shop/. I turned the ssl's to false and then back to true. I did have the CSS/JS Loader false and set that to true. and now the pages are using the style sheets correctly. Did not find an extra shop/ anywhere...

Bottom line is the site is working correctly without the restore, now for a backup and see if I can get JAM working correctly. The final integration.

By the way I really appreciate all of your help. And to DrByte thanks for holding the flame.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I hear you. What I am trying to do with the Fast and easy check out and the CSS/JS loader is to make the check out as quick as possible. Should I not be doing this?

Is there another option? I have read extensively on this site and with Vanessa at InMotion to configure the cart correctly.

I do have a shared ssl certificate. Should I purchase one specifically for the cart?

When I check the cart for speed with ySlow I got a rating of 80/100 and a time between 3800 and 5300 ms. This forum actually bled over and was being recorded before I logged off.

I am a newby, but one that wants to do it right and not be too much of a pain, by asking already answered questions.

Thanks, Spencer

Plugin Contributions

Shop is up and working well.

Not sure about the authorize.net AIM and SIM comparisons, I guess I just need it to work.

I appreciate the assistance and excellent shopping cart solution.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte (and all others)-
    I am having the same issue. I get the error message that was in the original post. Authorize.net has told me that it's one of two things.

1) a redirect issue. Our main site www.mainsite.com gets redirected to www.mainsite.com/catalog. This may cause an issue when redirecting the customer back to my site.

2) the Response/Receipt URL settings are wrong.

I recently switched hosts, which was the start of my processing issue's. My old host site was getting redirected as well, so I don't think that's the problem. I tried to change the Response/Receipt URL settings on the Authorize.net side without success. I am a site owner who is extremely ignorant when it comes to these issue's, so I am looking for advice on where to go and what to do next. Any help is appreciated.

I'm currently using zc 3.9d. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast