Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Default Re: MailBeez Version 2.6 released

I understand what you're saying. Are you aware that you control the No Purchase days passed setting?

The No Purchase mod is designed to contact the customer who has created an account but never made a purchase - but only after the amount of time you set. So in the scenario you described, the potential customer wouldn't get both an abandoned cart email and a no purchase email at the same time unless you set the no purchase email to be sent immediately upon account creation. And you wouldn't do that because it's not an appropriate use of the mod, nor is it good customer service.

A more appropriate way to use the No Purchase mod is to set it up to be sent out to the customer after an appropriate length of time has passed. This reminds them that they have created an account with you but have never used it - and encourages them to come make a purchase. So yes, while the customer would eventually get both emails, they would be separated in time.

I agree that you don't want to spam your customers with multiple emails...but the key to intelligent emailing, or email marketing is both timing and language. If the language in your emails make it clear that they each serve a different purpose, and the language is gentle yet direct, (vs. aggressive and smarmy), then the customer won't respond negatively to your emails. Also remember, there is a setting in MailBeez that lets you target your emails to subscribed members only. Since this is a choice a customer must make during account creation - subscribed users are expecting your emails.

Who determines what an appropriate length of time is? You do. This will vary by store owner. If you sell seasonal items for example, and change your stock every 3-4 months, you might want that potential customer to hear from you before you change out your stock for the season, and so setting days passed to 90 or 120 would be appropriate for your store. Or perhaps your stock is made up of closeout items and so it is constantly changing. You might want to set your days passed to 60 days. Or maybe you feel two weeks is an appropriate amount of time, so you set the number of days passed to 14. The point is, you have full control of this setting.

An abandoned cart mod would, I assume, send an email immediately upon cart abandonment. Although I suppose you could set the days passed, but it wouldn't make any sense to set the days passed to more than one - presumably you want the customer to get the email on the same day the cart was abandoned. I also think you have to be very careful with the language in an abandoned cart mod in order to avoid being invasive.

A good use for an abandoned cart mod is one that sends an email saying something like "hey...you left these items in your cart. We have saved them for you so they'll be there next time you log in".

At any rate...these two concepts (no purchase and abandoned cart) are two very different things and should be handled differently. Now whether or not Cord would want to find a way to combine them into a single mod while retaining the ability to manage the situations separately....that's a different question - and probably one best answered by Cord :)

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    I guess in my situation, I do not have COWOA installed, so as a 'guest' goes through the checkout, a customer account gets created for them.

If they bail just before check out, they now fit both scenarios presented and I would hammer them with emails.

New Customer/No Purchase
    Abandoned Cart with Items

I suppose installing COWOA would alleviate the issue, but would I no longer capture email addresses of 'potential' customers, thereby negating the 'no purchase' module?
    Last edited by ScriptJunkie; 17 Jun 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

hi ScriptJunkie,

thanks for your explaination - it is what I had i mind, but could write down ;-)

the whole concept behind MailBeez is to have trigger-events (e.g. sign-up, purchase,...), some additional conditions and timing around that.

combining these things allows to send our very selective to customers in a certain situation - without overloading them.

To maintain this concept it is important to keep things separate - meaning separate modules (and with those separate email templates) for each situation.

cheers
    cord

Plugin Contributions

Default MailBeez V2.6 ISSUE and FIX

the MailBeez V2.6 installation says to place
    /includes/extra_configures/mailbeez_tracking.php
    to enable tracking of open/click/order.

That causes an error!

Workaround:

do not place the file mentioned above (or remove it)

Instead add

PHP Code:
    // MailBeez Click and Order tracker
    require(DIR_FS_CATALOG 'mailhive/includes/clicktracker.php'); 
    at the bottom of
    /includes/application_top.php

Background:
    when loading the extra_configures the zencart system is not initiated (e.g. constants are not loaded), which breaks the mailbeez_tracker.

The best solution would be to find the correct way of auto-include the mailbeez tracker script after the zencart system is initated.
    Does someone know how to do this?

cheers
    cord

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Actually, I wasn't planning on supporting this and didn't follow this thread, but this is a bug caused by me so I'm gonna try and fix it.

I've attached a file, can you re-upload it and see if it's OK now. If everything's OK, please post an update here and I'll send an official update for the plugin section. Thanks.
    The updated version is sending out emails that now show the products purchased, but the header/logo is messed up.

It now shows:

[Logo Image]

$EMAIL_SUBJECT

[Logo Image]

Where the logo image is correct (just duplicated) with the email subject variable placed in between them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    The updated version is sending out emails that now show the products purchased, but the header/logo is messed up.

It now shows:

[Logo Image]

$EMAIL_SUBJECT

[Logo Image]

Where the logo image is correct (just duplicated) with the email subject variable placed in between them.

This was a misconfiguration on my part, your module works as expected.

Plugin Contributions

I installed review advanced for a client and it's running in simulation mode. We run a simulation and when we click on the write review link in the email it logs an error in the cache directory: [26-Jun-2012 06:37:20] PHP Fatal error: Class 'email' not found in .../mailhive/common/classes/oscommerce/emailMB.php on line 14. Zencart 1.3.9h and review advanced 2.4

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,

Cord is on holiday through the end of July, so I will be doing my best to provide support for MailBeez in his absence.

For whatever reason, I don't always get emails from the forum telling me when there is a new posting, so if you post and I don't respond, please use the Live Chat tool on the MailBeez website for assistance.

Thank you :)

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MailBeez sudden problem

Been away for a couple of days... Running Customer review reminder module give me an error when attemptong to run.

The small window opens and I click the 'Run' command and I get: "Navigation to webpage was cancelled" It does not matter which PC I use so it 'aint local and no changes have been made. (Zen 1.3.9h)

Default Re: MailBeez sudden problem

Hi Rizla,

A few questions for you:

Is the module Review Reminder Simple (free) or Review Reminder Advanced (premium)
    Which version of the module are you running?
    Are you in production mode or simulation mode?
    Have you run the module before without incident?
    You say no changes have been made - do you mean no changes at all (i.e. no new addons installed, no file customizations, no db changes, etc) or do you mean no changes that you think would affect MailBeez?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
    Been away for a couple of days... Running Customer review reminder module give me an error when attemptong to run.

The small window opens and I click the 'Run' command and I get: "Navigation to webpage was cancelled" It does not matter which PC I use so it 'aint local and no changes have been made. (Zen 1.3.9h)

Empowerment Sanctuary

Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast