Plugin Contributions

Default css override on advanced search result

Okay, here's a new wrinkle.

Ultimately I'm trying to generate a page which I can use to send out a weekly email that has html formatting. To this end I successfully cloned the advanced search form and result pages (and they have new names, etc).

I can now generate a list of whatever came in this week, or whatever starts with the letter 'a' (for example), and then copy the source html to send to an email.

Now however, I need to override & modify the css on this page (because emails don't need to display add-to-cart buttons & so on), without changing the css on any *other* page.

I'm thinking of using a span tag that is hard coded into the page. I suppose I could also define a new class & include the css in my stylesheet...? My problem however, is that for the advanced_search_result page, the dynamic data is controlled by an array & the product_listing.php page.

So, If I change information on the product_listing.php page it will also affect my regular advanced_search_results, which I don't want.

Thought it would be simple, but I'm a bit lost on how to control css for a dynamically generated page like this, and I can't use firefox's css display plug-in to find the names of tags & so on either (they just say that there's no css data defined).

My questions: Can anyone figure out how to override the css for the productListing-data class? Should I be trying to override the id advSearchResultsDefault instead perhaps?

I'm unsure whether this is a situation for embedded or inline, I guess. Even a link to some css tutorials that deal with dynamic data would be useful.

Thanks for your help & time, zenners!

Angela

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: css override on advanced search result

Quote Originally Posted by weirdorecords View Post
    Now however, I need to override & modify the css on this page (because emails don't need to display add-to-cart buttons & so on), without changing the css on any *other* page.
    I'm puzzled as to what you're trying to do. The CSS on your pages is completely irrelevant to any email. The CSS for an email needs to be embedded in the email.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: css override on advanced search result

Yep. I usually generate a list of titles that I want to tell my customers about (like everything that came in this week), copy the source code for the results page, and then embed that html code in an email.

I do this so that I don't have to draw tables or figure out color codes every week, but I can also change the parameters of the titles I'm promoting (to say, everything that starts with the letter A) very easily.

Haven't a clue what other folks do, but that's the easiest way I ever discovered for quickly generating a colorful email that would look the same to all customers.

Thanks,

Angela