Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM Module - There has been an error processing your credit card. P

So I got into a chat session with an Authorize.net support person .. end result they were contacting engineering ... they suggested I fix my cart to cope with their changes, but I am not "zenned" enough to figure that one out. Hopefully the log below will help someone post a fix.

Welcome to the Authorize.net chat forum. For your security, account updates can’t be processed through chat. Please don’t send any credit card or SSN information. For further help, please visit our Knowledge Base: http://www.authorize.net/help
    You are currently at position number 1 in the queue. An Authorize.net representative will assist you shortly. We appreciate your patience.
    You have been connected to Brandon S.
    Brandon S: Hello Sharni! How can I help you today?
    Sharni : Morning Brandon
    Sharni : I use zencart and authorize.net is no longer working with my cart as of yesterday
    Sharni : it processes transactions, takes the money, but no order comes through my system
    Sharni : So I went to zencart forums to see if the fault laid there.
    Sharni : http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...777#post903777
    Sharni : Seems I was not alone
    Sharni : Apparently any zencart user that uses authorize.net is having the same problem
    Brandon S: What is the error being returned?
    Sharni : are you able to access that post I just linked to you?
    Sharni : Towards the bottom someone has figured out the problem on your end
    Sharni : it has to do with your API and the decimal places being increased to 4 from 2
    Sharni : There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.
    Sharni : This is the error I get on my cart end
    Brandon S: Please hold while I review your account information. Thank you.
    Sharni : There is no email error being sent to me from you. As you guys are processing payment.
    Sharni : ok
    Brandon S: It seems like it has to do with the md5 hash. Let me see if the are others reporting this issue.
    Sharni : ok
    Brandon S: Ok we do not have any further information at this time. I am going to have to escalate this issue and I can email you back once I have some more information.
    Sharni : Thank you. Should I turn it off on my cart in the meantime?
    Sharni : Just direct people through paypal for now
    Sharni : I dont want frustrated customers
    Brandon S: Or you can remove the md5 hash from your cart. That is what seems to be causing this issue.
    Sharni : Ok I will see if I can figure out how on earth I can do that
    Brandon S: You just need to remove the variable from your script.
    Sharni : This is software that I am not that familiar with the back end of
    Sharni : I do some modifications, but not to that depth
    Sharni : I installed the authorize.net module as you guys were recommended
    Sharni : and to date its been working fine
    Sharni : There is an option under the set up that has my putting in an encryption key for MD5 Hash
    Sharni : Do I just take out the key?
    Brandon S: Yes that is correct.
    Sharni : Ok trying that now and will run a test transaction right now
    Brandon S: Ok
    Sharni : That didnt work.
    Sharni : Still got an error
    Sharni : And the system just billed my credit card
    Brandon S: We need more specifics. That is just a general error zen cart is displaying. We need the specific reason code that is being returned when the transaction is passed to us.
    Sharni : yeah that is just being passed to the customer.
    Sharni : Let me see if there is log files I can turn on
    Brandon S: Ok
    Sharni : ok in the auth.net module there is such an option, but there is no error at that end, so nothing is being generated.
    Sharni : I am not saavy enough to figure it out in zencart
    Brandon S: Unfortunately that is not something we can assist with. We do not work directly with zen cart.
    Sharni : understand
    Sharni : however it is a change made by your end that is causing zencart to error
    Brandon S: Unfortunately at this time we do not have any specifics or more information to give you. I will pass this information on our engineers then email you once I have some more information.
    Sharni : ok I guess that is the best we can do. I will turn off CC payments for now and leave it with just paypal
    Sharni : Thank you for your time.
    Brandon S: Thank you for contacting Authorize.Net Support, Sharni! Please contact us if you need further assistance. If you would like a copy of this session for reference, click on the "Print" icon.
    Thank you for using Authorize.Net. Please search our new online Knowledge Base for answers to Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.authorize.net/help
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM Module - There has been an error processing your credit card. P

FYI: This is in the upgrade errors thread. I have not upgraded, so I do not believe this issue is related to upgrading.

I hope this helps.

Sharni

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know how to turn the Hash value back to blank on our Authorize.net account?

Plugin Contributions

Omg authorize.net is saying that this is not their problem and that there is nothing that they can do. What the hell is going on?

Does someone know what we can do>>??

Plugin Contributions

Everyone affected needs to be calling, using the support chat for authorize.net. Annoy them enough about this they should fix it pronto. If I am the only one complaining, I am only one voice. The more who speak up, the more aware they are that this is a problem.

And yes, if someone knows how we can turn off the MD5 thingy, please speak up. I tried making the field blank (as seen in the log I posted above) but it didn't help.

Sharni

Plugin Contributions

They told me the same deal "Please fix your code to work with our system". Terrible support on thier end.

Is there anything we can change on ours?

Plugin Contributions

I just had a chat with authorize to see if I could get the md5 hash cleared:

You have been connected to Brandon S.
    Brandon S: Hello anita! How can I help you today?
    anita : Hi Brandon, I am running a zen cart shopping cart and according to the zen cart forum there was a change in the API going from 2 decimal places to 4 causing the Hash value to fail. I had the problem several times yesterday.
    anita : I would like to change my hash value to blank, but I can't seem to get it done
    Brandon S: This can not be disabled in your account. If you do not want to use the md5 hash you need to disable it in your shopping cart.
    anita : I did change the md5 hash to blank in the cart, but since I have a value set up here I thought there would still be an error. Is that not true?
    Brandon S: No that should not be the case. All you need to do is disable the md5 hash in your account.
    Brandon S: Sorry in your shopping cart.
    anita : Ok thanks I'll give it a test

It did NOT work
    Last edited by anita; 30 Jun 2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Alright guys, I talked to a floor supervisor now, been on the phone running test transactions and stuff. They are saying that they will really get a hold of the engineers, but that they wont be in for a few hours.

If everyone calls to log their problem it would be better. Basically the more people who complain, the faster they will work on the problem. in my eyes.

On the phone with the guy I changed the MD5 has in zen and authorize.net ans it still failed.

He said on the authorize side there is no way to disable the md5 hash once you have one set, so that is not an option.

Please anyone else who had this problem , post on here and call authorize.net

Now to the person who was saying about adding 2 zeros, what were you talking about>? I see you are a new zenner with one post, they have not changed the api

ALso on the phone with the guy we tested a mastercard and a visa and got the same error, he thought it might be because of the new mastercard implementation but that was not so.

Anyone with any information, please post here.

If you experienced Zen cart people can look real good on our end to make sure the problem doesnt lie with zen, that would be great.

I have version 1.3.8A

I cant upgrade because I dont know how, so that is not an option for me right now, and I am sure that is not the problem

Everyone please post your findings here.

Plugin Contributions

Dont use chat, those guys are do do's call the number 1-877-447-3938

Plugin Contributions

I just got off the phone with support and they have received a few calls. They are going to issue an Alert whatever that means.. To get this issue solved quicker I'd recommend calling. The more people calling the quciker this issue will get resolved.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast