Thread: Weird problems

Plugin Contributions

Default Weird problems

Recently, one cart is having issues. They may be "pilot error", but since I don't add items or do the other day-to-day stuff on that cart, I don't know for sure. Here is what I see....

Items all have a 0 in the listings and in the "New" and "featured" items boxes. I believe the zero is replacing the item cost for each item as I do not see the price anymore. On the admin page, the price is listed for each item.

Cartain categories don't have a title in the title bar, they simply have the page URL up there. I checked the admin page and can't seem to notice anything different about those categories.

There may be more. there was an SQL error, which had something to do with upcoming items and the number 10 in the text box on the admin page, but that issue resolved itself when I adjusted the number to 9 instead (not sure why 10 would cause the cart to shut down, however).

Here is a link to the cart, in case it would help. No recent changes have been made. The last change was the update to Zen Cart 1.3.8a and things worked fine both before and after the update. This cart has been running for quite some time. I do not believe the template has anything to do with it as it has worked this way all the while. Each update over the years has been done manually, with some glitches, but all were always found and fixed, with some help from this forum when needed.

http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/store/index.php

I'm not sure if it's something the site owner is doing wrong or if it's something else. Maybe someone here has run into these same problems. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Weird problems

OK, it seems I have some repair work to do. The store is not showing any prices for any items. Adding them to my shopping cart adds no prices either. Time to dig.......
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

I looked at all the categories before you took the site down for maintenance, and didn't see the problems.

Plugin Contributions

Some of them had the category name, others just had the URL in the title bar. I will put the cart back up in a few minutes as I am changing things and need to see if my changes are having any effect. Thanks
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

Still not seeing either problem in IE8. There are a couple of products that don't have a price (labels), but you know that.

Can you point to a category/product where this is happening?

Plugin Contributions

I'm seeing no prices anywhere in the entire cart. The first category Regulator Repairs, Chrome Plating and the Phoenix Nozzles category are the only ones showing their category names for me.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

The pricing problem fixed itself when I updated to the latest version. The weird part is, the admin page kept saying I had the latest version, even when I checked it manually. I was running 1.3.8a. I am now running 1.3.9d

The title bar issue is still there as far as I can see.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net