Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multi Cross Sell mod [Support thread]

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    @stizzed
    sorry missed your question. those sql statements in my post are the ones that I use to get full ( I think) functionality. What exactly don't you have?
    niccol,

Thank you for the response and sharing your knowledge of this very useful mod!

'Admin->Configuration->Cross Sell Settings' is not there. I am able to use the mod because 'Admin->Catalog->Multi Cross Sell' is there (and works) but am not able to tweak the settings...

Thankx in advance!
    Michael (Zen Greenhorn)
    Remember: Every expert started out as a beginner!

Plugin Contributions

Well the second sql statement should make the configuration menu setting visible.

Code:
    SELECT (@sort_order:=MAX(sort_order)+1) FROM admin_pages WHERE menu_key='configuration';
    SELECT (@configuration_group_id:=configuration_group_id) FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Cross Sell Settings' LIMIT 1;
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key, language_key, main_page, page_params, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order) VALUES ('configMultiXsell', 'BOX_CATOLOG_MULTI_XSELL_PRODUCTS', 'FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', CONCAT('gID=', @configuration_group_id), 'configuration', 'Y', @sort_order);
    As has been noted if you are using a table prefix for your store then you'd have to add that to the table names. Like prefix_admin_pages and prefix_configuration group.

I think that is it.

Plugin Contributions

Well the second sql statement should make the configuration menu setting visible.

Code:
    SELECT (@sort_order:=MAX(sort_order)+1) FROM admin_pages WHERE menu_key='configuration';
    SELECT (@configuration_group_id:=configuration_group_id) FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Cross Sell Settings' LIMIT 1;
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key, language_key, main_page, page_params, menu_key, display_on_menu, sort_order) VALUES ('configMultiXsell', 'BOX_CATOLOG_MULTI_XSELL_PRODUCTS', 'FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', CONCAT('gID=', @configuration_group_id), 'configuration', 'Y', @sort_order);
    As has been noted if you are using a table prefix for your store then you'd have to add that to the table names. Like prefix_admin_pages and prefix_configuration group.

I think that is it.
    Interesting... I ran both originally, do not use prefixes, and still, no 'Cross Sell Settings' on the Admin Menu...

I do seem to remember an error with the CONCAT portion of the INSERT statement.

Thoughts?
    Michael (Zen Greenhorn)

Plugin Contributions

Code:

I think that is it.
    Yep! Checked the script, compared it to the database and everything looks like it made it in. Still not making the menu...
    Michael (Zen Greenhorn)

Plugin Contributions

Code:

I think that is it.
    Found it! There is a simple misspelling in the statement 'BOX_CATOLOG_MULTI_XSELL_PRODUCTS'. As you can see 'CATOLOG' is misspelled.

Now however, instead of 'ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>Cross Sell Settings' we have 'ADMIN>CONFIGURATION>Multi Cross Sell'. When selecting this entry however, the proper menu options are there.

Any idea why the Menu Option Name is wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Michael (Zen Greenhorn)

Plugin Contributions

Well, the 'hack' that I posted has three parts.

1. Run the first sql statement. This will make the item in the catalog item visible.

2. Use the normal 'install' button in that page. This will run more sql statements.

3. Run the second sql statement. This will make the config menu item visible if the other two steps have been completed correctly.

Step three will cause an error if the other two steps have not been completed successfully. What it is doign is finding the configuration_id that is created by the normal instal and assigning it a admin page. If the configuration doesn't exist then the sql will fail.

If you are seeing this then you will need to wait for an official update.

Plugin Contributions

great

the title is 'wrong' because this is a 'hack'. that title is already define in the code so I used that. You can easily define another constant and use whatever text you want, but this 'hack' avoided having to describe to people how to make a new language file and then define a new constant and then use that new constant in the sql statement.

Plugin Contributions

great

the title is 'wrong' because this is a 'hack'. that title is already define in the code so I used that. You can easily define another constant and use whatever text you want, but this 'hack' avoided having to describe to people how to make a new language file and then define a new constant and then use that new constant in the sql statement.
    Thanks again Nick! As you do not see a problem with the title and the mod seems to work as it is I won't take the time to try to 'fix' it.

I very much appreciate your assistance!
    Michael (Zen Greenhorn)

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone,
    I'm having what looks like the same exact problem morganmoran had and despite my best efforts I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Here's the info:
    -ZC 1.3.9g
    -PHP 5.2.17
    -Double checked that all files from install package are where they need to be.
    -Double checked that I included the code from the Document.txt file in the tpl_product_info_display.php file.
    -Went to my admin under Catalog => Multi Cross Sell and clicked the install button.
    -Now on the Multi Cross Sell Admin v1.02 page I have: "Select cross sell to edit" with a dropdown which has "1" selected, and a "Go" button.

When I click the "Go" button it seems to execute some process (i.e. I can tell that something is loading) but after 1-2 seconds nothing has happened, it's done loading, and the page remains the same. I'm expecting something to pop up or appear so that I can adjust the parameters for the cross sell, but nothing happens.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by morganmoran View Post
    I am running Zen v1.3.9h and PHP 5.2

I just installed this mod and everything seemed to install fine. However, I don't see anywhere in the admin to add/manage cross sell items.

The only options I see are:

Admin >> Configuration >> Cross Sell Settings

and

Admin >> Catalog >> Multi Cross Sell

The first is obviously the page with config settings and the latter has only a small drop down and a Go button, and nothing else. And nothing happens when I click "GO".

I fear I am missing something, but all files seem to have copied correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhensarl View Post
    Hi everyone,
    -Now on the Multi Cross Sell Admin v1.02 page I have: "Select cross sell to edit" with a dropdown which has "1" selected, and a "Go" button.

When I click the "Go" button it seems to execute some process (i.e. I can tell that something is loading) but after 1-2 seconds nothing has happened, it's done loading, and the page remains the same. I'm expecting something to pop up or appear so that I can adjust the parameters for the cross sell, but nothing happens.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.
    This is one of the problems with the existing code working with 1.5.0

You will find in your cache directory debug files that show what this problem is.
    Not sure off the top of my head what the fix for that problem is.

However its not the only one that can pop up.

I should have a fully working update in 2 to 3 weeks.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast