Plugin Contributions

Default MIGS time out issue - can somebody help

I use the Migs Mastercard module on my site with Bendigo bank. I've had this for 3 years now working mostly fine.
    Recently (and this did happen a few times awhile ago) some transactions are completed with money sent to my account but the customer gets a timeout error when being re-directed to the site. The order is not completed but I have their money.
    It doesn't happen to everybody. In fact its a small but very frustrating handful.
    The migs support crew say the transaction was completed and correct code sent back to my site.
    My host says its the bank or the software.
    Could it be the software?
    I use version 1.3.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MIGS time out issue - can somebody help

Update.

It appears at this point that somehow the browser may be losing the session cookie, and so we’re getting the time_out page which actually means the session is empty.

Has anyone else seen their zen sessions getting lost?

Plugin Contributions

There seems to be a bug in the MIGS payment module when using the server hosted option. When a customer's credit card is declined, then re-entered with the correct details, the session is lost. Therefore, the customer's credit card is processed, but no order details show up in zen cart.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that info, has anybody fixed this? Is it an easy fix?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sportrecovery View Post
    Thanks for that info, has anybody fixed this? Is it an easy fix?
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to bump this question up to the top again. Has anybody found a fix to this problem. I have this issue too and had it happen again today frustratingly. Any help much appreciated. Cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Where did you download the MIGS module from?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Where did you download the MIGS module from?
    Hi Dr Byte,

Thanks for responding. I downloaded it from here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=550

This module works really well except when someone makes an error entering their credit card details. It returns them to the cart to re-enter them but after they submit the details again, they get an error saying the cart has timed out. They (and us) get no order confirmation but their credit card is debited.

I understand setting up Zencart quite well but not great on the programming side, so don't possess the smarts of some of the guys here to fix this problem. I do think if someone has the time to correct this small issue it is worth doing. MIGS is a really useful plugin for us here in Australia as several of the major banks use it.

Thanks guys. I have a test server which I can give you the address of if need be. I would just need to put it back into sandpit mode.

Cheers

Wayne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try this ...

/includes/modules/checkout_process.php (or your override version of the same), around line 38 you'll see:
    Code:
    if ($_SESSION['payment_attempt'] > 3) {
    Try changing the 3 to 5 or 6, and test the MIGS timeout issue again.

This setting is used to limit the number of tries someone can make for payment, since people who steal credit cards like to use random websites to do fake checkouts to see whether the stolen card is "good" or not. The counter increases with each (failed) payment attempt. And, YOU pay for each attempted transaction, with a partial service charge.
    It could be that the MIGS approach to passing transaction processing back and forth from your store to MIGS and back and then to MIGS and back again might be triggering that counter multiple times during a "normal" MIGS checkout, thus causing the timeout. Simply increasing the number might help. If not, then the MIGS module may need some upgrading.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,

Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been on here for a while so have only just seen your reply.

Thank you so much for your efforts. This worked a treat. I have tested it with my live site with live credit cards. The error I found with MIGS was when you enter an incorrect credit card expiry date or CVV number. It seemed to be ok when an incorrect credit card number was entered as it dealt with this on the bank payment site where as the other errors returned you to the website and hence the timeout error when you attempted to enter the details again.

In any case, this has fixed the problem for me by changing this value to 6.

Again many thanks Dr Byte, your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Wayne