I am currently running zen cart v1.3.9d. I have installed the trinity payjunction module for credit card processing. My website has no customization except removal of banners. In fact I sell only one product from it. The problem has been occuring since install.

This may be a bug, before I call it that I will first think it is the stupid user.

My problem is that I am unable to charge sales tax in my home state of tennessee when the person pays with a credit card. In fact it immediately tells the buyer that their card is declined and to check the card information if they use a billing address that is located in the state of tennessee. If they use a send check for payment then it does not give have a problem and charges the taxes correctly. If a person from out of state who does not pay tax and uses a credit card for payment then there is no problem. I can replicate this problem with 5 different users in 3 different states.

The problem also persists since the shopping cart software does not even try to send the information off to the gateway. I have already checked every step of the transaction process from the gateway (trinity and its payjunction), to the credit card processor (central payment corp), to their backend of ipayment, to my bank Citi bank. Yes i checked all this cause I thought a switch or a built credit card file was the cause of the problem, but the problem keeps the information from even being sent to the gateway.

The software program for the shopping card just seems to be throwing an exception and blowing up with a general card declined error.

I have exhausted all available options to fix this problem in my mind. the only thing i am left wondering is if I am leaving my product in the master category that it might be causing a problem. Does anybody have / had a similar problem on setup?

Thanks for reading this and any responses. After 2 days of trying things and even changing time zones on the server and with my credit card processor I am out of ideas.

Humbly
rdxrdx