Plugin Contributions

Default New template install - error opening site

I recently installed the ZJ template pack and when I try switching to any of the templates, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /store/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_default.php on line 39

If I change back to the template I was using before, my site opens as expected. I get the same error when I switch to the Classic Contemporary Green template as originally installed with Zencart.

I am using version 1.3.7 and godaddy as my host. The only change I made after uploading the template is to reset the layout boxes. The template I currently use is my own custom template and it's been several years since I have edited my site. Where should I start to check my files?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New template install - error opening site

Because this error also occurs when using the Classic Green template which comes with a ZC installation, I believe that one of the core files is missing or corrupt. Your custom template may use the override system and must have access to a complete file system for it to work.

A stab into the dark:

Check that your folders /includes/modules/pages/SUB_FOLDER/ are present and accounted for and that each of theses SUB_FOLDERS contains a header_php.php file. Pay special attention to includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php

Also check that all your define pages exist on the server, especially define_main_page.php

If that does not throw any light on the issue then download and install the debug tool (do a search for this in the forum - I have no direct link - sorry).