Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Nochex not clear cart after succesful order (before_process not called)

HI ALL

I am running the last 1.39d, with the nochex modules (from nochex update). Php 5.2.

I am having a strange problem, that after nochex returns back to the checkout_success page the cart/comments/etc is not cleared. (so all order processing has been successful, and success page is shown and everyone gets all the right emails and the order is created)

It seems to me that the before_process overriden function doesn't get called. (From what I can gather this is the function that clears the Session["cart"] No debug log produced with the debug module

I have check out the site running under 1.38a, everything runs as it should, cart cleared. I have run beyond compare (diff) between the two versions, checked all the changes, (note: I applied no changes to the nochex code, although they are different as nochex dropped from core in 1.39)

Other payments systems work, like cheque.

Being a professional coder, although PHP is not my main language, I'm finding very hard to debug this problem. So I need some pointers on how to debug zen cart.

I've tried dumping variables to flat file with no success, if I could do that it would help.

I was also looking to find in which order payment functions get called, am I looking in the right place. Where does the cart get normally cleared?

any pointers?

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Nochex not clear cart after succesful order (before_process not called)

Well, I think most of my assumptions were wrong, and before_process() doesn't seem to get called at all for nochex. I really couldn't find out the reason or where the change should go. And to limit me wasting my whole life on this I did what all coders do, I created a kludge. It's not bad as kudges go.

A small observational class that clears the cart and associated data on reaching successful checkout

The autoloader, place in includes/auto_loaders
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    // load the clearcart class 
    // This looks like an example I once saw
    // July 2010 - Phil Chandler

$autoLoadConfig[10][] = array('autoType'=>'class',

'loadFile'=>'observers/class.ClearCart.php');
    $autoLoadConfig[90][] = array('autoType'=>'classInstantiate',

'className'=>'ClearCart',

'objectName'=>'ClearCart');
    ?>
    the class

PHP Code:
    <?php

/*
     * Observer Class for clearing cart after successful nochex transaction
     * July 2010 - Phil Chandler
    */
    class ClearCart extends base {

// Attach for notifies

function ClearCart() {

$this->attach($this, array('NOTIFY_HEADER_END_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS'));
      }

// Update when notified

function update(&$class$eventID) {

if ( 
    $_SESSION['payment'] == 'nochex_apc')
        {

$_SESSION['cart']->reset(true);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['sendto']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['billto']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['shipping']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['payment']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['comments']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['cot_gv']);
        }
       }

}
    ?>

This could be used for clearing out the cart for any reason, but here it's just for nochex. The problem seems to exist on a freshly create 1.39 system.

I hope this will save some one else some time in the future. If you do know why nochex fails to clearout the cart and/or a fix please let me know.

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Nochex not clear cart after succesful order (before_process not called)

Thanks for contacting me Phil... I have the addditional problem of the cart not seeing the order at all. I have deleted all the nochex files and the sql and reinstalled from scratch.

I think there is some data missing or some files missing for 1.3.9d to work...

Cat

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Nochex not clear cart after succesful order (before_process not called)

Thanks for the message, this looks great, could you tell me where I need to place the code?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Phil, do both pieces of code go into includes/auto_loaders?

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Sorry, I thought it was obvious, but obviously not

the auto loaders code should be place in a file called "config.ClearCart.php" and place is the <root>/includes/auto_loaders

the class code should be placed in a file called "class.ClearCart.php" and placed in <root>/includes/classes/observers

Any trouble please post to this thread.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philchand View Post
    Well, I think most of my assumptions were wrong, and before_process() doesn't seem to get called at all for nochex. I really couldn't find out the reason or where the change should go. And to limit me wasting my whole life on this I did what all coders do, I created a kludge. It's not bad as kudges go.

A small observational class that clears the cart and associated data on reaching successful checkout

The autoloader, place in includes/auto_loaders
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    // load the clearcart class 
    // This looks like an example I once saw
    // July 2010 - Phil Chandler

$autoLoadConfig[10][] = array('autoType'=>'class',

'loadFile'=>'observers/class.ClearCart.php');
    $autoLoadConfig[90][] = array('autoType'=>'classInstantiate',

'className'=>'ClearCart',

'objectName'=>'ClearCart');
    ?>
    the class

PHP Code:
    <?php

/*
     * Observer Class for clearing cart after successful nochex transaction
     * July 2010 - Phil Chandler
    */
    class ClearCart extends base {

// Attach for notifies

function ClearCart() {

$this->attach($this, array('NOTIFY_HEADER_END_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS'));
      }

// Update when notified

function update(&$class$eventID) {

if ( 
    $_SESSION['payment'] == 'nochex_apc')
        {

$_SESSION['cart']->reset(true);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['sendto']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['billto']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['shipping']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['payment']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['comments']);
            unset(
    $_SESSION['cot_gv']);
        }
       }

}
    ?>

This could be used for clearing out the cart for any reason, but here it's just for nochex. The problem seems to exist on a freshly create 1.39 system.

I hope this will save some one else some time in the future. If you do know why nochex fails to clearout the cart and/or a fix please let me know.

Phil

Plugin Contributions

Hello Phil

Thanks for thinking I'm that knowledgeable! Unfortunately I'm just a retailer who uses Zen Cart so anything to do with the coding leaves me completely clueless. I've used Zen Cart since 2006, I just don't have the time to learn anything above the normal operation of the site and adding very simple mods. I suspect that the same for a lot of us.

Thanks for the explanation I'll do that, I really appreciate your effort on this.

Plugin Contributions

That seems to clear the cart

Only thing I don't get now is email of confirmation of order from the admin section of the cart - although I can see the order in admin...

Thanks,

Cat

Plugin Contributions

I used this code on a 1.3.9e cart, and it broke the checkout process. When I click Continue on the Step 1 of 3 checkout page, it goes to a blank page. If I remove these two files, the checkout works perfectly again, except that it does not clear the shopping cart.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks!
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Default Nochex Shopping Cart

Hi there I have uploaded the Nochex shopping cart upgrade I was sent from Nochex and an APC Upgrade. My problem is this: In test mode my transaction goes through fine and I received an email frommy site, with what my customer has ordered. In Live, I get the Nochex confirmation, but no email from my website stating what my customer has ordered. Can anyone help??? Thanks Sean

Ps: Uisng Version v1.3.8h

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast