Plugin Contributions

Default How to change the layout of product listing?

I am looking to change the layout of the individual product listing page. I would like for the description to be under the product photograph, the Additional product photos to be either on the right side of the main photo or jsut above the description. And more importantly, I would like to have the Add to Cart Button displayed at the far right side of the page in line with the Photograph or right next to the product photograph. I think it is weird that Zen-Cart makes you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the product listing to buy the product. Some people don't want to read the entire product description.

Any help with effective product page layouts would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change the layout of product listing

Your solution will probably involve a combination of moving elements (blocks of code) in /includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php, and changes in your stylesheet.
    There are several customized product info page mods in Free Addons, and you might try them to see if one gets you close. Once you have something to see, we can advise on how to finish it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to change the layout of product listing?

I have the same problem. There doesnt seem to be a suitable free addon available.

Second problem: how to include attributes columns in the product list that appears when one clicks on a category. Attributes are added by admin, but there doesnt seem to be a way to make them appear in the product list in the admin section. Need a tip.

Plugin Contributions

Attributes are only handled in the product info page. Some people have done the work to get them into the product listing, but it requires serious PHP/MySQL skills as well as a thorough knowledge of that part of the Zen Cart code. Search the forum for discussions about it (there may be some code examples posted, I don't recall for sure).

For the product info layout, you need to get started on rearranging the code blocks in tpl_product_info_display.php. If you want someone else to do the whole thing, you should post in Commercial Help Wanted.

Plugin Contributions

glen, i found your attribute add on but its for the 1.3.8 version, any chance of a similar add on that will work for 1.3.9?

Plugin Contributions

The only change for v1.3.9 is two lines in /includes/modules/attributes.php (around line 400) where
    ereg_replace('txt_',
    is replaced by
    preg_replace('/txt_/',
    for PHP5.3 compatibility.

If your server is still running PHP5.2.x, you can use the existing mod as is; for future-proofing, you can make those two edits to the mod version of the file. I will update the mod with the new file, but can't say how long it will be until it is available in Free Addons.