Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Add to cart broken after upgrade

Hi again DrByte
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look at my store. No offense is taken on your feedback.
    I did have Add Multiple items to cart enabled but disabled it as per recommendations in this thread.
    And yes I know I have crippled ZC and yes I've seen the ?> at the end of the ZC cart and will fix in due course.

And I also agree that I need to provide alternative navigation similar to what normally appears in ZC in addition to the dropdown menu and finally yes my customers like it because sales are doing well.

And finally maybe you are right and my problem is a different one then this thread was started on however the result was kind-of the same, you can only add one item to the cart, as soon as ones refreshes the cart, eg by going to a different product the previous product is gone.

So my aim is to use WordPress for all my presentation since ZC is really hopeless with this and use ZC for what ZC really is great at - the shopping cart and all the admin access to manipulate the products, special, sales etc etc.

In any case thanks again for looking at my issue and if you do have any thoughts I would love to hear the.

Plugin Contributions

Is this happening on budgethandles?

I was just there and adding products to the cart and do not appear to be losing the cart ...

Were you able to fix this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsz View Post
    you can only add one item to the cart, as soon as ones refreshes the cart, eg by going to a different product the previous product is gone.
    I was referring to the budgethandles site. I added 5 different items to my cart without issue. Tested on FireFox 3.6.8 for Mac, and also on Safari 5.0.1. No problems.

Typically when items are not getting added to cart between clicks it's an indication of a sessions problem on your site. In most cases clearing all session cookies will solve that problem. If it doesn't then you've got something else broken with how your site handles sessions between clicks. Further, when you're running iframes, you're spoofing multiple sessions on a page, and thus you run the risk of causing the symptoms you describe. Notwithstanding it's peculiar that your personal computer is experiencing problems that others aren't, and only in one browser.

You haven't stated which version of Zen Cart you're using, so can't offer much in the way of version-specific help.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh and DrByte
    Thanks very much for helping with this issue.
    I think DrByte is right in saying it is / was a session issue, because I tried it this morning and and all is well.
    Thanks again guys, good to see that you are still willing to help even if I'm using ZC in a way you don't approve of.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh and DrByte,

I stumbled upon this thread hoping it may have an answer but looks like its been a hit and miss issue to date.

I too have a problem with the multiple add to cart option where after selecting it a customer is directed to an empty shopping cart page.

It has been an elusive problem for about 12 months now. I did some testing and I think I've identified at least WHEN it consistently happens.

If a customer selects a manufacturer from the drop down sidebox, the list that is generated will consistently create this error by adding to cart.

If a customer generates the list by navigating through the menu or by doing a search, the add to cart button works as it should.

Given that most sites don't use the manufacturer sidebox, that may be why there is the impression its a minor issue. I do have the Simple SEO module added to my software and I assumed that was where the coding issue sat, but given someone has tested it on a clean install with the current zencart code I think we can say the SEO module is not the root cause.

If one of the gurus would like to have a look at it sometime, that'd be swell!

The address is www.hobbylink.com.au

Let me know your thoughts!

(I'm no programmer either, so this bug is beyond my abilities!!!)

Plugin Contributions

I was just checking your site and it seems to be working ...

Did you solve this? If so how ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Link View Post
    I think I've identified at least WHEN it consistently happens.

If a customer selects a manufacturer from the drop down sidebox, the list that is generated will consistently create this error by adding to cart.
    So, I just set up a fresh clean install of v1.3.9h, with demo products.
    In the left column there's a manufacturers sidebox, and I click on "Fox" which brings up 5 search results. In a default install, there are two "Add selected products to cart" buttons, one at top and one at bottom, with quantity boxes next to each product. I put "1" in the first quantity box, and put "7" in the 3rd quantity box, and click one of the "add selected products to cart" buttons. The two products are added to my shopping cart, with their respective quantities as specified. Working as expected.

Am I missing a step?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234