Hi,
A total newby to Zen Cart, but not a total novice...however I'm stuck. I downloaded Zen Cart 1.3.9d and unzipped it. I then uploaded all the files to a new Shop directory on my website. I currently have a static information site on a NetWeaver server and I wanted to install on this server, behind the scenes. When ready, I would just change my index.htm to point to the new site.
So - I created a MySQL database (easy - just had to click on 'create MySQL database!), named it and gave it a password.
I then started the install. It ran the checks, where (having changed permissions as per FAQs) I was presented with a glorious page of green ticks; everything was looking good (on System Inspection). Clicking on Install...to the database setup, I was then presented with a screen which only had the following on it;
"Next we need to know some information on your database settings. Please carefully enter each setting in the appropriate box and press Save Database Settings to continue."
There aren't any boxes or anything else. I'm at a loss to understand.
I initially uploaded files using Explorer...and then I used FileZilla, but I just got the same amount of nothing at this place in the install.
I've used IE v8, Opera 10, Firefox 3.6.3. All the same.
Can anyone help? I've looked all through FAQs and searched posts and Google-d, but I haven't seen anyone with the same problem.
I've contacted my hosting company, but as yet have received no reply. Could it just be a basic incompatibility issue? They have MySQL and php available on their Linux server, so in theory I can't see a problem. I just don't get why I see nothing at all on the database setup page.
Cheers,
Gavin