Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: File Upload Required [Support Thread]

Just want to say thanks for this mod!

I was able to get it to work on a v1.3.8a install without an issue.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

I guess I spoke too soon....

I have that "f" in the top left when viewing Admin page and I also have that message below the "f" stating:
    php.ini setting post_max_size is less than double Maximum File Upload Size, file uploads will not function correctly.
    So if I understand this correctly I might be able to update my .htaccess file

I guess the question is this... what line or modfication do I have to do to the .htaccess file to get this message to go away?

Thanks in advance!
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Fixed both issues:

1. Removed the "f" from attributes_controller.php from the mod.
    2. Updated the Admin>Configuration>Maximum Values>Maximum File Upload Size to 4000000 and that change cleared the php.ini error message.

Plugin Contributions

Glad you were able to fix your problems jasmel and masantner.

Thank you jasmel for pointing out the typo "f" at the top of admin/includes/languages/english/attributes_controller.php.

I'm not quite sure how that slipped through all this time! You have a keen eye! I have resubmitted a version with this bug corrected and it should be available within the next week or so.

Regarding the setting of post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in general:

Problem:
    You are given one or both of the following warning messages at the top of your Zen Cart Admin page.
    -> "php.ini setting post_max_size is less than double Maximum File Upload Size, file uploads will not function correctly."
    -> "php.ini setting upload_max_filesize is less than Maximum File Upload Size, file uploads will not function correctly."

Cause:
    -> Values of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size in your php.ini size are not compatible with the value of Maximum File Upload Size in your Zen Cart admin.

Solution:
    -> Note: Not all servers allow you to alter php.ini or use .htaccess to alter php settings. If the below solution does not work you should contact your server administrator.

-> Set Admin->Configuration->Maximum Values->Maximum File Upload Size to the maximum file size you want to allow users to upload. The value of Maximum File Upload size is in bytes (The default value of 2048000 bytes = 1.95 megabytes. Jasmel's setting of 4000000 bytes = 3.81 megabytes)

-> If you are still being given the warning messages you need to calculate the correct values of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size and alter them in either php.ini or .htaccess, follow the steps below.

-> upload_max_filesize should be a value bigger than Maximum File Upload size.

-> post_max_size should be at least double upload_max_filesize. If you are offering 2 file uploads on a single product then you should set post_max_size to 3 times the value of upload_max_filesize. If you are offering 3 file uploads on a single product set post_max_size to 4 times the value of Maximum File Upload size and so on.

-> To set these values do ONE of the following:
    1) If you have access to your php.ini file, find the lines:
    Code:
    upload_max_filesize
    post_max_size
    Change the values to those you calculated above. You can set the size of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size by changing the lines in your php.ini, for example:
    Code:
    upload_max_filesize = 8M
    post_max_size = 16M
    Which means 8 megabytes and 16 megabytes respectively.
    2) If you do not have access to your php.ini file find the .htaccess file in the root directory of your Zen Cart installation (or make one). Change the values to those you calculated above. You can set the size of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size by adding the following lines to your .htaccess file:
    Code:
    php_value  upload_max_filesize  8M
    php_value  post_max_size  16M
    Where 8M and 16M should be replaced by the values you calculated above.

-> There are also limits on the time an upload is allowed to take. These limits are also controlled by the php.ini file. You can read more about these settings and Maximum File Upload size in Zen Cart here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=406

Thanks.

P.S... It's probably worth mentioning that all of these settings are in play even without this modification. They are built into the php language and Zen Cart. All I actually did was add the warning messages to give people some idea when their settings were so grossly wrong that the module was likely to fail.
    Last edited by 1100101; 16 Apr 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry 3DPeruna.

I've just realised that the error you experienced with the stray "f" was likely the same as jasmel's and was thus my fault.

When I first read your posts I assumed you had accidentially altered a file, when in fact, I had accidentally altered the file!

Sorry again. As I said I have uploaded the module without this critical typo and it should be available within the next week or so. Who knows how many human hours the stray "f" has wasted? Oh dear.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 1100101 View Post
    setting of 4000000 bytes = 3.81 megabytes
    I updated my file size notice to the customers with (3.8M) to more accurately reflect the true size limit. - This size is very suitable for a .jpg photo anyways.

Again... thanks for this mod! The "required" set on the file upload works wonderfully and I got my first order with an uploaded photo. (Dora Photo Personalized DVD)

Plugin Contributions

Is this mod allowing customer to upload files(image and document) from the store site? Where the upload button located after installing?
    I want it on customer check out so the uploaded file can be associated to this order. Any demo? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I believe it would affect the standard "file" type attribute in a product. It will not be available after checkout, but while the customer is selecting the product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I believe it would affect the standard "file" type attribute in a product. It will not be available after checkout, but while the customer is selecting the product.
    I should tell more details of what I need. See if the mod can do.

For example, I'm selling plain white T-shirt. Accepting buyers to provide their own design logo by uploading image or file at the same time placing/checkout order. So the uploaded image/file will come with the order and use same order or invoice number. (It is better file management system). Then I can print the design logo on T-shirt and ship it next day.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    I got help from you posted below. Thank you!
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...70&postcount=2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast