Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net SIM Timeout error

Hi, I have zen 1.3.8 a and I use authorize.net.

Every once in a while I get the message sent to me>>>>>>

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.
    Transaction ID: 3092027574
    Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

It has been happening more often, and the last 3 transactions that I get have done it.

Authorize.net sent me this information on it.....
    Here is the additional info you requested on Time Out Issues.

Relay Response is a feature of the Server Integration Method (SIM) which allows you to redirect a customer from the hosted payment form to a script or Web page on your server, and send a transaction response to that script or Web page. It is a very popular feature among merchants using SIM since it allows the merchant?s scripting to decide how to handle the transaction response. The script may be written to store the transaction response, generate a custom e-mail receipt, control access to downloadable products and/or inform the customer whether their credit card was accepted or declined.

When Relay Response is unable to pass the transaction response to your server or software, your customer will see the following message:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An email has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is a result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This response would be followed by the transaction response text we originally submitted to your software or Web site. If the merchant has chosen to receive transaction receipts from Authorize.Net, we will also send an e-mail with the subject of Transaction Error Notification, to the merchant. The e-mail will start with this text:
    Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.
    Transaction ID: 9876543210
    Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.
    If the transaction was successfully authorized and captured for settlement, it will settle and the merchant will receive funding for the transaction. The merchant should contact the customer and make sure their order is completed successfully.
    There are a number of possible causes for this issue. If it only happens on rare occasion, but the bulk of your transactions process without problems, then your network might have had a temporary lag or connection failure. These sorts of issues would be outside Authorize.Net?s control, but should also be very rare as long as your network is generally stable and reliable.

If your Relay Response timeouts occur repeatedly but sporadically, or if the error only occurs in short bursts, then you may want to consult with your Web hosting company or Internet Service Provider to find out if there are any issues which might cause Internet connections to drop or time out. Possible causes include occasional Web server load spikes, routing or load balancing issues, and Internet congestion.
    Note that Relay Response connections may time out after 10 seconds, so it is important that we receive an acknowledgement that your server received our response in 10 seconds or less.
    If you encounter this issue every time, check the following list of possible causes and make corrections as needed:

Check that the Relay URL your Web site is using (x_relay_url) is spelled correctly and is pointed at the right Web page or script. Any typing errors will send the transaction response to a file that doesn?t exist on your server.
    Confirm that you can load the Relay URL in a Web browser, and that it runs successfully. If you encounter a 500 Internal Server Error message, your script cannot run on the server and you may need to check your coding and confirm that the Web server can run the script correctly.
    If your Web server is not available on the public Internet, has authentication enabled, or if the Relay URL uses a non-standard port for HTTP or HTTPS traffic, Relay Response timeouts will occur. Authorize.Net will not have any means to connect to your server or authenticate itself on your server, and can only use ports 80 and 443 for all Web traffic.
    Make sure your script has completely received the transaction response before it performs any intensive tasks such as writing the response data to a database. If you start any intensive tasks while waiting for Relay Response to finish, your server may not be able to receive the full transaction response before the connection times out.

BUT I am not sure of what to do, I am not a guru, and dont know much about how everything works.

I just know that it looks REALLY bad to the customer. basically after they input their credit card info they get a page that says

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

They do not reach the checkout sucess page

Authorize.net says that the problem is after the transaction is approved and they are trying to communicate with my site and that maybe my site is trying to do something else first before accepting their results.

Please if anyone can help, with a dummy tutorial fix. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM Timeout error

You have a few options:
    a) fix whatever performance problems you've got on your site that are slowing down the acknowledgement to authorize.net upon return. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=402
    b) fix whatever might be wrong in your SIM settings https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=403
    c) change to using the less troublesome and more advanced AIM module instead: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=373

BTW v1.3.9 has been released, and contains many updates, including improvements to the authnet modules, as well as general overal system security and much more.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.