Plugin Contributions

Default Moved To Another Server but Not Working

Unable to see store or log into admin, it must be something simple I am missing

In the zen cart wiki tutorial linked below (Switch Servers), I followed the six steps.

1&1 is the host for the original site that I copied and also the host for the new site we are switching to.

On step six of the above mentioned tutorial, it states "It will give you status message." Which came up and I assume everything was good to go, see attached image:

When I try to log into the admin I get:

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

1. This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

2. Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.

See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.

So I have checked the includes/config file several times to ensure that the define(‘DB_SERVER …. USERNAME ….. PW & DATABASE are correct. I did not see anything in the admin/config which needed specific settings but all this should have been updated with fix_cache_key.

Not sure what to do next. Open to any thoughts or suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved To Another Server but Not Working

fix the cache tool only verify that your cahce is setup correctly.

Basically you have something wrong in your configure files just like it's stated in the tutorial you have to do the changes based on your new server setup the complete path varies between different hosts, usually opening the file in file manager would give you absolute path.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response but was looking for specific information

Yes the fix cache tool verified and synchronized the define statements in the Includes/Configure file:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/homepages/20/d334593349/htdocs/catalog/'); &

define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/homepages/20/d334593349/htdocs/catalog/cache');

These paths match the suggested path in the Status Message mentioned above

The only other settings I could see that need updating were also from the Includes/Configure file (none in the Admin/Configure file) (X’s are used in place of actual values, to ensure security) and these 4 settings are:

define('DB_SERVER', 'dbXXXX.perfora.net');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'dboXXXXXXXXX');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXX');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'dbXXXXXX');
    SO I have a few questions?

1. After reviewing the Admin/Configure file, I saw no place to update server & database settings. Does the Admin/Config file need to be updated :Yes or No. If so what specifically.

2. In the Includes/Configure file I updated the following and have checked it 5 times:

Are there any additional lines that need to be updated?

3. What else could I be missing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webhtmauicom View Post

The only other settings I could see that need updating were also from the Includes/Configure file (none in the Admin/Configure file) (X’s are used in place of actual values, to ensure security) and these 4 settings are:

SO I have a few questions?

[INDENT]1. After reviewing the Admin/Configure file, I saw no place to update server & database settings. Does the Admin/Config file need to be updated :Yes or No. If so what specifically.
    I think you were looking in the wrong file. /admin/includes/configure.php contains the server and database settings your looking for. Need to update both configure files (includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php)

Both need to be updated with the correct settings.

Plugin Contributions

THANKS llynix!!!

That was it so simple