Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extra Fields for Customer Sign Up (Create Account) Page

Quote Originally Posted by vandiermen View Post
    extra fields become blank.
    My fault, error in my code, all good now.

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering if you have an uninstall.sql file for your extra field on customer sign up addon for ZenCart. I would like to uninstall the add-on completely. I tried looking through the ZenCart forum but couldn’t find anything. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

@beverly2345

There is no uninstall script, but you can take the following steps to remove from your database:

1) BACKUP your database! In case something goes terribly wrong, you will want a backup to restore your database from.

2) Open PhpMyAdmin in your hosting control panel, and navigate to your Zen Cart database.

3) Find the following columns in your 'customers' table and delete them:

customers_extrafield
    customers_extrafield2
    customers_extrafield3
    customers_extrafield4

4) Browse your 'configuration' table and delete any rows that have the term 'extrafield' in them. I believe there are 8 instances (2 for each field). You can perform a Search to make this task easier.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to require an already existing customer to fill out the newly added field before they can checkout?

Plugin Contributions

@robbinsgj

Yes, you can make the fields required or turn them on/off in Admin > Configuration > Customer Details

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys,

Having a small problem, hopefully you can help me out.

I installed everything via the readme file and it all seemed to be working fine. I can create a customer with the new fields and it writes the data to the database. The only problem I'm having is when a customer tries to update their information if it's incorrect and they click update, it goes straight to a blank white page. No error code or anything. I'm guessing this is a problem in the code somewhere so any ideas?

Using the newest version of ZenCart with the newest version of Sheffield Responsive Blue.

This is my first site using ZenCart and I'm loving learning PHP more in-depth.

Cheers guys.

Ash.

Plugin Contributions

Hi @CSGODeimos, sounds like you may be missing some changes in the frontend files. Did you upload the following file(s) to your store?

\includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_account_edit_default.php
    \includes\modules\pages\account_edit\header_php.php

Note: make sure YOUR_TEMPLATE is renamed to your active template name.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    Hi @CSGODeimos, sounds like you may be missing some changes in the frontend files. Did you upload the following file(s) to your store?

\includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_account_edit_default.php
    \includes\modules\pages\account_edit\header_php.php

Note: make sure YOUR_TEMPLATE is renamed to your active template name.
    Thanks for the reply. I unzipped the file again, copied those files over to the right places and replaced them (I must of already added them in earlier). It's still doing the same thing. This is literally the only problem I'm having and it's the only think stopping my site from being live I love the module, it's amazing and it must be something I've done but I can't figure it out.

Any code or anything I can copy for you to look at?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, let's see if we can figure out exactly what the error is. Can you try following these steps and let me know what your logs say?

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    Ok, let's see if we can figure out exactly what the error is. Can you try following these steps and let me know what your logs say?

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

I fixed it that issue There's no white page now! (I just copied my original header_php.php over and it seemed to fix it for the most part.

But now it's now it's showing the field as empty when I click update account settings. (The data used when signing up still goes across to the sql database and in customer info on zen cart admin panel).

Not only is it showing the field as empty but if I type new data into that and click update, it doesn't change in my database or under customer info in the zencart admin panel. The last error log I got was at 1:50 and that was when I was having the blank page issue. It's not giving me an error log for it :S

Last error log:

[07-Jun-2016 19:50:12 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /store/fiFty-Ica-plumS/customers.php?page=1&cID=18&action=edit, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\includes\functions\plugin_support.php:68]
    #2 plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\fiFty-Ica-plumS\includes\init_includes\init_responsive_sheffield_blue.php:89]
    #3 require(C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\fiFty-Ica-plumS\includes\init_includes\init_responsive_sheffield_blue.php) called at [C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #4 require(C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\fiFty-Ica-plumS\includes\application_top.php:171]
    #5 require(C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\fiFty-Ica-plumS\includes\application_top.php) called at [C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\fiFty-Ica-plumS\customers.php:10]

[07-Jun-2016 19:50:12 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 60:SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
    Trying file_get_contents() instead. in C:\xampp2\htdocs\store\includes\functions\plugin_support.php on line 68
    I appreciate all your help, thanks for having this thread for us noobs.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast