Plugin Contributions

Default Trying to find the correct settings, if itīs possible

I have been playing with different settings in admin but not found exactly what I want. Every setting just gives me pieces of what I want and there does not seem to be a way to combine them.

First example:
    If "Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)" is set to 3 AND "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" is set to 0 I get an "add-to-cart" button at each product, which I want, but when a customer clicks on a button she is taken to the cart OR the product info page, depending on if the "Display cart after adding a product" is set to true or false. Itīs not exactly what I want. (The first option is better than the second if I have to chose.)

Second example:
    If "Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location" is set to 3 the "Display Product Add to Cart Button" is disabled, no matter how it is set. Instead I get one button at the top of the listing and one at the bottom. The customer has to chose how many of each product she wants and then scroll up or down the page to add the selected products to the cart. If "Display cart after adding a product" is set to false in this scenario, the customer is not taken anywhere. She stays on the same page.

Is there a way to display an "Add to Cart Button" at each product and let the customer stay on the same page, like in the second example?

Somehow I guess the answer is "no". If so, can anyone explain why?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trying to find the correct settings, if itīs possible

If I understand, the first setting you mentioned for the button, then Admin - Configuration - My Store - Display Cart After Adding Product to false.

Plugin Contributions

In the first example, if I set "Display cart after adding a product" to false, the customer is forwarded to the product info page instead, when she adds a product to the cart. (That page shows the exact same info as in the listing.)

If I set it to true the customer will, of course, be forwarded to the shopping cart, (where she must click another button to continue shopping from the page she was on previously.)

Plugin Contributions

In the case of the product you're using to test this, how many products in that category ?

Zencart will, by default, display the product info page when there's only one product in the category rather than a product listing of one product (changeable in admin).

It sounds like your adding to the cart from the product info page and it's staying there rather than going to the cart, which is what you want. Are you getting the green 'Successfully added Product to the cart ...' message above the header ?

Plugin Contributions

I have 10 products in the category. (Itīs all my products.)

The listing shows them all so itīs not the product info page Iīm using to add products to the cart.

Yes, Iīm getting the 'Successfully added Product to the cart ...' message above the header.

Plugin Contributions

My stock test site stays at the product listing wiith those settings.

Maybe your template ? A link to the site might let us see something.

Plugin Contributions

The store is at o d l a b l o m m o r. c o m/ b u t i k and the version of Zen Cart is 1.3.9d

Iīm still using the standard template.

The main page opens with the category. A disturbing thing with that is that the welcome text and other text disappear when the page opens with a category. I have been thinking about opening the main page with featured products but for some strange reason Iīm not able to modify that listing in configuration->fetured listing. (It shows only pictures, links to product info and price, but for now, I donīt want to mess with that. Maybe Iīll find some on/off button somewhere later.)

Plugin Contributions

You have to do a little code hacking. Post #4 here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156220

I just tested it and it seems to work.

Admin - Configuration - Index Listing is what you're looking for with the second part, I think.