Plugin Contributions

red flag Error Connecting to Databse

Hello, I just moved all of my files and DB from one host to another. Both had cPanel so it was a pretty painless backup then restore operation. I created a user on the transferred database at the new host to match the settings in the 2 config files and put in new passwords. Database, user & pass, and db server are all correct in both files. I also ran the "Repair DB" function in cPanel. In spite of all of this, I still cannot get the
    "0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [db_cache table]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."
    error to go away.

If anyone had any ideas please help! I'm running out of options/ideas. Thank you!
    -Tim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error Connecting to Databse

That error means (obviously) you're not connecting to the database. The most common cause is that your database login or password or database name are wrong.

Most shared hosts prepend the control panel user name to to the name of the database, so if your Cpanel login user name is foobar, and you create a database named zencart, you'll need to enter foobar_zencart as the db name in the configure.php files. Worth checking.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Stevesh, thanks for your input. I've checked through all the database connection credentials, from name to user to password. All is updated and good to go. You would think it would be something like that, but unfortunately this one is leaving me scratching my head.
    Any other thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Try using your CPanel login credentials in the configure files. If that works, it's also possible that your host prepends the CPanel user name to any DB user names you create, so if the new user name is dualwebs, you may have to specify foobar_dualwebs in the configure files. That's the way my host works, anyway.

Plugin Contributions

It does do that, it's definitely a cPanel thing, but it's already in there like that. Do you know if there there any rows of the table that would throw it off if they were missing or incorrect, making it think that it couldn't find the right database, or anything like that?
    -Tim

Plugin Contributions

Well, fixed the issue, by going through and transferring the site the "correct way". (For some reason I had a very hard time finding direction on moving the site). But now my login page simply redirects to it's self when i try to login, no errors. Ran the session key fix as well. I don't have a firewall, cookies are working (i'm logged in to the forum now). aye carumba.