Plugin Contributions

Default How to choose SSL Cert for my ZC site?

Am trying to purchase a SSL cert but have questions that have not found answers to.

1. Do I order the SSL for WWW.domain.com, or domain.com as well, (which could possibly be 2 x SSL's)., or does Zc recognise the two possibilities? Was told perhaps a .htaccess file needs to be installed?

2. If the answer is I need 2 x SSL, some suppliers have said that their SSL's (i.e. one said RapidSSL and above, and another saying not RapidSSL but at least QuickSSL Premium) includes with or without WWW. They also say that it can be installed on cpanel, but my hosting says (this feature) cannot be installed on cpanel. (cpanel 11)
    Can anyone confirm either way? Is RapidSSL a generic term and is different depending on suppliers, or same issuer?

3. Is mail.domain.com covered by the SSL in Zc? or does it even need to be?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to choose SSL Cert for ZC?

Order it with the www and configure your store with the www too.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to choose SSL Cert for my ZC site?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksback2 View Post
    Am trying to purchase a SSL cert but have questions that have not found answers to.

1. Do I order the SSL for WWW.domain.com, or domain.com as well, (which could possibly be 2 x SSL's)., or does Zc recognise the two possibilities? Was told perhaps a .htaccess file needs to be installed?

2. If the answer is I need 2 x SSL, some suppliers have said that their SSL's (i.e. one said RapidSSL and above, and another saying not RapidSSL but at least QuickSSL Premium) includes with or without WWW. They also say that it can be installed on cpanel, but my hosting says (this feature) cannot be installed on cpanel. (cpanel 11)
    Can anyone confirm either way? Is RapidSSL a generic term and is different depending on suppliers, or same issuer?

3. Is mail.domain.com covered by the SSL in Zc? or does it even need to be?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    I use RapidSSL on several sites. You need one SSL and it is issued with or without the www. You just need to make sure that you edit your configure.php to match how the certificate was issued. The secure pages will automatically switch to the https and domain with or without the www. The installation of the certificate is done by the hosting company (in my experience) and nothing needs to be done in cpanel.