Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Emails no longer sending

Hello

All my emails have been working fine up unitl today. I have already phoned the hosting company and nothing has changed their end.

Basically all emails from contact page, emails i send for order updates, newsletter emails and all other emails no longer work.

This morning i decided to send out a news letter to all my customers. I used "send to all" which was about 100' ish customers and once sent i got a message saying sent succesfully but then also a big read block of failed messages on all the emails that had been sent.

I got the email and so did my partner even though it showed as failed in zencart so i am guessing that maybe my other customers got theres but there is no way to tell.

But since then no emails have been sent. I should get updates of customer sign ups but i am not, no order updates, nothing.

I have not changed any settings which is why i thought it may be my hosting company, they even said it shouldn't block spam related emails that are sent by the 100's although they do have a system in place for this it is not an issue on my type of aacount.

Does anybody have any idea what has happened. Like i said it happened right after me trying to send emails to all my customers at once.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emails no longer sending

how many emails did you send in one go? and what method do you send your mail?

you may have been blocked

Rob

Plugin Contributions

also have you changed your email address to another address to see if that makes a different, use an email account that you can setup on your hosting, don't use hotmail, yahoo, msn etc

Rob

Hi thanks for replying

I sent 101 emails out and after that it seems my emails have stopped.

I haven't tried it on any other email i send from [email protected] but even the emails from people signing up and from the contact us page isn't working.

It's as if the whole emial system in my store has broken.

I can send emaisl from [email protected] from outlook express, and recieve personla emails sent from my personal email to [email protected].

It's all emails that are going through my store that have stopped working

Plugin Contributions

I see, i thought you had maybe sent 1000s

have you been through your settings in zencart to make sure all is correct?

the following link may help
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=111

Rob

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenQ View Post
    I can send emaisl from [email protected] from outlook express, and recieve personla emails sent from my personal email to [email protected].
    That's completely unrelated, since it's your PC that's doing the sending/receiving of those emails.

Your store emails are being sent from your store's *server*, not from your own PC.

There are many things that can cause email to not work.
    But if it "was" working fine, but "suddenly" breaks, then it's almost certainly NOT Zen Cart that's the problem, unless you changed something in your Zen Cart.
    - maybe you were hacked? (v1.3.8a and older have a known security problem that needs patching, or better yet, upgrading to 1.3.9)
    - maybe something got changed on your server by your hosting company?
    - maybe something broke along the chain of email delivery?

Related articles:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Sorry forgot to mention that i am using v1.3.9c so i can upgrade to e and probably should soon.

If i had been hacked would they have changed files or something then to stop it working?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenQ View Post
    If i had been hacked would they have changed files or something then to stop it working?
    Maybe. Maybe not. Unless you know the hacker personally and what exactly they like to do, it's impossible to guess.

I doubt it's a result of being hacked. I only mentioned it because it's a valid possibility, mainly with older versions.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

My site is hosted with 123reg.co.uk

the zencart error message i keep getting is:

Failed sending email to: "Darren Quick" with subject: "test" Could not instantiate mail function. Please check Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport.

Like i said nothing has changed, this seemed to happen after i tried sending over 100 emails at the same time.

Also the email archive module is showing all the emails i have sent, so does this mean that the are leaving ok but failinf beyond zencart at the mail server?
    Last edited by DarrenQ; 4 Aug 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it happens on # 101, then it's very possible that your hosting company has imposed limits of number of emails per hour, or something similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast