Plugin Contributions

help question Shipping pricing problems please help

Hi i have been looking through forums for ages now and i cannot find anything that i have found usefull for my problem.

I am wanting to have when the shipping estimate button is pressed that it works out the size of the items not the weight and say works it out how much can fit into a 60cm x 60cm x 40cm box (not those dimensions just a hypothetical) and then work out how many boxes would be needed.
    If 2 boxes are needed there would be a flat rate for their state or postcode per box.

eg. I live in Newcastle if someone logged on and purchased 1 dvd burner and lived in QLD i want it to say it costs $20 for postage but not change if they were to buy 5 dvd burners as that would all fit in the one box?

Any help would be great. I dont know any programming or anything like that so be nice lol

I dont want it to have to logon to a delivery server and get exact prices as they require weight most of the time just want flat fees for certain states eg $15 for NSW, VIC $20 for QLD TAS, $40 SA NT and $55 for WA (again just hypothetical prices.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping pricing problems please help

Quote Originally Posted by raptor_55 View Post
    Hi i have been looking through forums for ages now and i cannot find anything that i have found usefull for my problem.
    You are doing yourself a great disservice by limiting your search to these forums.

I am wanting to have when the shipping estimate button is pressed that it works out the size of the items not the weight and say works it out how much can fit into a 60cm x 60cm x 40cm box (not those dimensions just a hypothetical) and then work out how many boxes would be needed.
    If 2 boxes are needed there would be a flat rate for their state or postcode per box.

eg. I live in Newcastle if someone logged on and purchased 1 dvd burner and lived in QLD i want it to say it costs $20 for postage but not change if they were to buy 5 dvd burners as that would all fit in the one box?
    You are seeking the holy grail of shipping modules. If it exists, no one has found it yet.

I dont want it to have to logon to a delivery server and get exact prices as they require weight most of the time
    There is a very good reason for that... it is because most of the time the weight is the only thing that is relevent.

just want flat fees for certain states eg $15 for NSW, VIC $20 for QLD TAS, $40 SA NT and $55 for WA (again just hypothetical prices.)
    In other words, you not only want the holy grail of shipping modules - You also want to *ignore* the accuracy that it could provide you so that you can use your own zone rates instead.

Sounds to me that you haven't quite decided what you *really* want, that, or you really haven't explained youself very well.

Rod

Plugin Contributions

Packing (which is really what you are after) is fundamentally different from Shipping.

While the two are related, the shipping modules are built to cater for common shipping formats used on pretty much a universal basis by postal services and by couriers.

There is no module available (that I know of), that will calculate your packing requirements - so you will have to build one - or hire someone to build it for you.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

OK no worries thanks for the replies i will try to sort something else out.
    Is there anyway then to just not include shipping until i receive the order email? and then be able to reply to the customer and let them know how much shipping would be. Its not very professional but just cant think of anything else at the moment