Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bringing page with JQuery intoZen Cart

Also, in your EZ-page content, you have this:
    Code:
    $(window).load(function() {
    	$('#slider').nivoslider();
    });
    But, shouldn't that be ".nivoSlider()", as in with a capital 'S'?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Also, in your EZ-page content, you have this:
    Code:
    $(window).load(function() {
    	$('#slider').nivoslider();
    });
    But, shouldn't that be ".nivoSlider()", as in with a capital 'S'?
    Nice spot DrByte

Well that's got things moving with the slider now, although it's not going as it should yet.

Will have a tinker around and see what comes up.

Edit: Is there any chance this particular slider is not compatible with Zen Cart somehow? I notice on the slider homepage there is a specific version for wordpress..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, it doesn't make sense.
    And there is no need to touch html_header.php at all.
    what you mean?
    you still have to link in the js from the html_header.php ore is their a better way?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ftdc View Post
    what you mean?
    you still have to link in the js from the html_header.php ore is their a better way?
    If you want the ability to just "drop in" your own custom components, then you can do it by following the built-in support for auto-loading javascript and even css files, etc.
    No need to edit html_header.php and thus risk breaking your template or making upgrades more difficult than necessary.

The details are documented in your Zen Cart /docs/ folder and also online: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...s_-_Javascript

They're also discussed elsewhere in this thread above, and dozens of other threads on related topics.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can't seem to find the reason for the glitch with the slider. This is how it should work:

Testsite

but how it's working in ZC:

ZCsite

Would this suggest the slider I have chosen is not compatible with ZC? If so, is this a common occurance or have I just been unlucky choosing this particular slider?

Or could their be another reason for this not running smoothly?

Plugin Contributions

Default JQuery slider not working correctly

Hi,

Following on from this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161315

I'm looking to solve this glitch that the slider currently has.

http://www.zentest.net/store/index.p...age=page&id=20

Could it be the slider is not compatible with Zen Cart going on these results? Or have I screwed up somewhere? Please let me know what other info would be needed to make a better judgment if needed.

Thanks

** EDITED *** Never ever post in a forum, email, newsletter etc. the zenid or zenAdminID or you will be doomed!!
    Last edited by Ajeh; 29 Aug 2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: remove zenid from post

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: JQuery slider not working correctly

Thanks for the edit/heads up Ajeh

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, to troubleshoot I figured I'd use the regular old process of comparing all the components of the two sites to see what's different. And the solution became very obvious almost immediately.

Your style_nivo-slider.css file contains jquery code instead of the appropriate CSS that the nivo-slider.css file from your test site does.
    Fixing that will fix the jQuery execution problems you're having.
    ie: I copied the nivo-slider.css content and replaced the style_nivo-slider.css file content with it, and it works fine.
    I was afraid it was gonna take awhile to copy and recreate the site to figure out what was wrong ... but it took less than 5 min to find that one.

Plugin Contributions

x 100.

Man, I must of had too much coffee the day I did that! Thanks very much for taking the time to look at this once again DrByte. All fixed now and running fine as you said.

Sometimes you can't see for looking when trying to figure out what's wrong with something.

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Been there done that.

Firebug is a very handy tool

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast