Plugin Contributions

Default File Upload before clicking add to cart

Hi I am looking for a contribution for the File Upload Attribute which will allow users to upload the file before they click Add to Cart.
    As at the moment when they click add to cart and it checks to see if all fields are filled in, if there is 1 missing it brings up the error message and loses the link to the Uplaod file so you have to go and browse again for your file.
    I'm using Zen cart 1.3.8.
    Thanks,
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: File Upload before you click add to cart

Hi
    Any ideas on this?
    If I can't get the file attribute to upload the image on the product info page, is there any way to get it to hold the file path info on the file upload field once the error check is taking place?
    Thanks
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

Check that if you edit the Option Name it is setup as an Option Type for:
    File

Next, if you switch to the Classic Template, does it now work?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    Yes it's a file type of option and it does actually upload the image, but the problem is that there are a number of required fields on each product and if you don't fill in one of the required fields when you click add to cart the error message comes up say you didn't fill in Option X. All working as it should but it loses the path to the file that you have browsed for so when you fill in your correct field and add to cart again it brings but the warning that no file is selected. So you have to browse for your image again which is annoying for the customer.

I want to either get the Browse for File to remember the path even when the page loads again for the error checking, or actually upload the file before you add to cart.
    Regards
    Breda.

Plugin Contributions

I am afraid there isn't a required for the File type attribute ... I am not sure if anyone might have tried to make one for this ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have not tested this Add on ... but you might look at it and see if it can help you:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1685
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,
    I'll have a look at that one but the File Upload is a required field on this site and seems to work, you must upload a file or tick the box "I don't have a file to upload" so that's ok.

My problem is that when it checks that all the other required fields are filled then the path to the image gets lost.
    Do you know what I mean?
    Regards
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

I can see where when 1 of the required attributes is not selected that the upload is not filled in when you return to the screen ...

That can be a bit of a problem ...

Going to have to think on this a bit ... so I will move this to the Bug Fixes and see if there is anything that can be done when there are Required Attributes and Upload Attributes and the Required Attributes are not completed so that the Upload Attribute is now not filled in and will get lost if the customer does not reset the Upload to go with it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help so far Linda.