Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.5.0] PayPal (IPN) shows attribute instead of product name

Newbie question, so please be kind.

Setup: PayPal (IPN) is only payment method that is activated and configured based on the instructions in ZenCart. Provided the "business ID", PDT token, etc. and set "Detaile Line Items in Cart" to true.

When I tested the PayPal IPN without an attribute, PayPal successfully showed the product name. Then I added an attribute (text field, required) to the product. PayPal now shows the attribute field name and its value, instead of the product name.

Any thoughts how I can "force" PayPal to display the product name again? I can't remove the required attribute as I need to capture information pertaining to the order.

Help is much appreciated.

- M

ZenCart: v1.3.9e
    Host: GoDaddy.com
    Brand new install
    No addons, no customization done.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal (IPN) shows attribute instead of product name

I'm not sure I understand fully, since the way it's designed is to show the product name.

But, the IPN module is not the recommended choice.
    Express Checkout is likely to provide much better results. It's essentially the same thing, but more reliable. Same options for the customer. Same fees. Just better. I suggest you switch.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the prompt reply. Indeed, the switch worked. Since I am a GoDaddy customer, I had to switch off the CURL proxy per a different article you posted to the board. Just a bummer I loose all the features listed in that post.

Again, thanks for the help.

- M

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure which features you're talking about. Switching to Express Checkout doesn't lose you anything.

Now, if you're talking about GoDaddy causing you to lose things such as reliable hosting, then you're definitely on to something. If your GoDaddy services are still in refundable grace period, I suggest you consider alternate hosting if you want to have a reliable speedy store.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I ran a second test transaction with PayPal Express Checkout as the payment module.

The 2nd transaction, doesn't show any customer/payer ID, status, payment type, payment status, etc. when I look at the purchase in "edit" mode. (see attachment)

I do see the general billing / shipping information, yet no PayPal transation IDs, etc. The first transaction using IPN, does show all the paypal information.

Any thoughts?

PS: thanks on the heads up on GoDaddy, any insight what an alternative might be?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The gray box may or may not show transaction history depending on various factors. However, the important information such as the PayPal Transaction ID is shown in the order comment history.

As for recommended hosts, there's a link at the top of this page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ForensicDev View Post
    Newbie question, so please be kind.

Setup: PayPal (IPN) is only payment method that is activated and configured based on the instructions in ZenCart. Provided the "business ID", PDT token, etc. and set "Detaile Line Items in Cart" to true.

When I tested the PayPal IPN without an attribute, PayPal successfully showed the product name. Then I added an attribute (text field, required) to the product. PayPal now shows the attribute field name and its value, instead of the product name.

Any thoughts how I can "force" PayPal to display the product name again? I can't remove the required attribute as I need to capture information pertaining to the order.

Help is much appreciated.

- M

ZenCart: v1.3.9e
    Host: GoDaddy.com
    Brand new install
    No addons, no customization done.
    I have the same problem with Paypal showing only Attributes and not product names. Paypal Express is a complete nightmare and it would be nice if anyone can fix this issue with the standard Paypal module.
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you have a problem with Express Checkout, please post the details of your specific problems in a separate thread.

Plugin Contributions

Will do on the Paypal Express.

Dr. Byte, any suggestions on how to get the issue with the standard paypal module resolved?.....any help would be appreciated. Tried all the other suggestions from other Threads but no luck. I spent literally a good 13 hour today

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Show me *exactly* how to recreate the problem using a brand new clean fresh uncustomized install of v1.3.9h, and I might be able to come up with something. As it stands right now I've not been able to replicate the matter. Can't fix something I can't trigger consistently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast