Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online showing multiple entries for my own IP

Hi all, does anyone knows what script to add in whos_online.php so I dont have to keep clicking to refresh to see who are online.

Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online showing multiple entries for my own IP

About the Who's Online count,

I know this thread is somewhat dated, but as it's still active, I'll post this note in case it saves someone else some frustration. My site developed the same strange count problem, but the cause in my case turned out to bungling on my part. Right now on my domain I'm concentrating only on the ZC store, but eventually I intend to have a much richer presence to include the store but much else also. So in my domain htaccess I have a redirect that presently takes people directly into my store. That is, when people enter "lunekeltkar.com" in their address bars, they're shunted into "lunekeltkar.com/catalog" (my store).

Sometimes I dink about with the other aspects of the website, so I had created a link *in my store navigation* to take people out of the store and into other areas of the website. Occasionally, for my own testing purposes, I would disable the redirect temporarily to carry out various structural tasks. Then I once more enabled the redirect. I didn't worry about leaving the external link in my store navigation, because if people clicked it, they just cycled right back into my storefront. In this regard, this external link really functioned like a home link to my store's index page.

*Except every time I used the link, I left my store only to return immediately, thereby increasing my Who's Online count by one.* If I came to my index page via this cycling link, then *every time I refreshed the page, I cycled out of the store and right back in, thereby increasing the Who's Online count by one*. I didn't at first understand that I had created this fault in my link structures, and I've spent many fruitless hours over the past several months trying to figure out why *occasionally* my Who's Online count seemed to go haywire.

Of course it went haywire anytime I used the cycling link, not all that often but enough to bolster my festering suspicion that the mogwais were at my machine again. I have met the mogwai, and he is me. I doubt that others will exactly duplicate my error, but people who are having this count problem might want to at least check to see that they don't have an inadvertent redirect operating somewhere.

Ken Baker

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789