Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question min quantity special and discount product special expiration

I'm still researching, but is there a way to set up a minimum quantity ordered to receive the "special discount"

For instance, I have mugs that have a min order quantity of 48 for 2.00ea. I put that mug on sale until from Oct. - Jan. 1st. for 20% off but to get the discount, you have to have a min quantity of 90. How can I set it up to show the min quantity as 90 only during the sale, then it will revert back to the original min quantity of 48 after the sale ends. I do not want to go back and update the 300 products by hand after the sale expires.

thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: min quantity special and discount product special expiration

or... if anyone knows of an add-on that inserts a specials quantity box or even a specials description area that will show while the special is being ran, then expires and is auto removed once the sale is over.

Plugin Contributions

Could you perhaps share the URL to this Product ... I have an idea but need to check a few things first ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

C p p p r o d u c t s Dot Com

Thank u :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Everything appears to be a Contact Us ...

Are you trying to change a display price or are you trying to ensure that they buy Product with a minimum of 48 that on the discount is a minimum of 90?

Is there a products_id setup that can be added to the cart?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Oh I'm sorry. She has online ordering disabled and wants orders via the phone. She will enable this feature in the future. For the time being, she wants the normal quantity minimum to change with the sale. So say an item min is normally 48, when it's on sale it changes to 90. This number will be different for each item. The special quantity item should expire and return to the normal min. once the sale is over. I would still like for the items in the cart to reflect the new quantity during the sale once we turn that feature on.

She does have different pricing tears for each item. I will be updating the site to reflect that. When there's a sale, then the sale quantity takes priority and anything less than the quantity is sold for the regular price.

Sorry if this is so confusing! I'm a newbie for Zen. :/
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

The minimum quantity and the discounts or specials or sales are separate from one another ...

You could customize the code to adjust the minimum but, there is the consideration of "what is the minimum"?

In the Mugs category, there are products with minimums of 48, 72, 96, 144 etc.

Sale Maker works off of a Category Id, for the master_categories ...

Specials work off the individual Products ...

Discount Quantity works off the individual Products ...

But, there is nothing to adjust the minimum ...

Customizing the code would be needed ... but there are several ways that this can be done ...

One might be a method that "alters" the minimum quantity when a Product is on a Special or Discount Quantity ...

So, if a Special Price is set, the Products with a minimum of 48 is treated as if that were set to 90 ... when the Special ends, the minimum would go back to the normal minimum ...

It would take some work to do this, but it would be a neat feature that if a Product is on Special or Sale ... the code would detect this and adjust the minimum "magically" to the higher minimum ...

When the Special or Sale ends ... the code would again detect this and adjust the minimum "magically" to the normal minimum ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

This would be a perfect option. But problems would arise since all products minimums would be different. Wonder if in the admin beside "special pricing" if there could be an input box to add a minimum in. I can alter code, but I have no clue what code to add as I do not know php. Thanks for all your help. I'm open to trying anyone's suggestions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

I would create a new field in the products table such as:
    products_quantity_order_min_special

And use that field to manage the minimum quantity by customizing the functions, displays etc. to work with either the normal:
    products_quantity_order_min

or the new field:
    products_quantity_order_min_special

either way, the customizations to the table is needed and the functions and displays altered to manage the minimum quantity based on if the Product is on Special or not ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast