Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Multiple Store Pickup Locations

Able to allow store pickup but how to I create a dropdown with multiple locations? I've been playing around with it for a awhile now. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Store Pickup Locations

could you not just clone the Store Pickup module and rename each clone to a different store location?

mind you, lots of stores would create one long shipping page of radio buttons. A drop down menu would be a better way to display.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KaitlynS View Post
    Able to allow store pickup but how to I create a dropdown with multiple locations? I've been playing around with it for a awhile now. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    You could have a series of radio buttons for each location in a single shipping module, but the system is not really set up to do dropdowns (typically each radio button will have a descriptive sentence next to it). Even this might be more work than you want to do. If you want to see how to do it, look at the fedex shipping module and note the changes that are required to the checkout shipping template.

Dutchy's suggestion of just cloning the module for each of your locations would be a whole lot less work.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Or you could try this revised storepickup module which lets you enter pickup locations via the admin directly in the module's settings. It's based on v1.3.9 (will work with 1.5.0, 1.5.1) and this file just replaces your existing /includes/modules/shipping/storepickup.php file (after unzipping of course).
    You'll need to click "Remove" and then re-"Install" after uploading the new file, else the locations box won't show.
    Then just enter a list of pickup locations, separating each with a semicolon (;)
    The available locations will show as alternate radio buttons under the Store Pickup choice during checkout.

Radio buttons are drawn for each location.
    There is no built-in option to change to a pulldown, since that's completely handled by the tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php template, and has nothing to do with this module. Using a pulldown will require customizing your template files yourself.

EDIT: If you want to add customized fees per pickup location, use the revised version posted further down this page!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrByte; 10 Sep 2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: (oops - small bug. Zip updated)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We implemented the updated store pickup module. Seems to work well for us. Now the customer is asking if we can have the store pickup location printed on the packing slips and invoices.

Do any of you guys know what code would need to be added for invoices and packing slips to include the "Store Pickup" location that was selected when the user checked out?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For NEW orders, that information should show up in the order-totals section where the cost of shipping is shown.
    Old orders won't have that information, because it wasn't available until you installed the new addon.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The radio buttons work fine but our customer has 40 locations for pick up. A dropdown will be the only nice neat way to do this unless their scrolling for days.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Store Pickup Locations, with fees

I have installed this, entered three locations to pick up from but I do not see it at checkout. I currently have the payment method as Check or cash on pick up. I currently get no shipping info show up when checking out. I did install minimum customer account info which shortened the checkout procedure so maybe that is cutting out the page that would allow me to pick the pick up location. Grateful for your help.

Update: Actually, I figured out why it was skipping it. All products were marked as virtual.

Last thing is I need there to be a $x charge when you pick up from two locations but $0 at the third. Any idea how this can be done?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeeL View Post
    Last thing is I need there to be a $x charge when you pick up from two locations but $0 at the third. Any idea how this can be done?
    Here's an updated multi-site storepickup module which lets you enter pickup both locations and fees via the admin directly in the module's settings. It's based on v1.3.9 (and will work fine with v1.5.0, v1.5.1)

1. This file just replaces your existing /includes/modules/shipping/storepickup.php file (after unzipping of course).
    2. You'll need to click "Remove" and then re-"Install" after uploading the new file, else the locations box won't show.
    3. Then just enter a list of pickup locations, separating each with a semicolon (;). If you want to assign a price/fee/cost to any location, simply add a comma then the price (without currency symbol). See examples:

a) Example of two locations, which will both use the "Shipping Cost" setting amount for any fee to associate with the module, whether it's 0.00 or something else:
    Location1;Location2

b) Example of three locations, with separate prices for each:
    Location1,3.00;Location2,0.00;Location3,5.00

c) Example of three locations, some with prices, some without. The ones without a price specified will use whatever the "Shipping Cost" setting is in the rest of the module's settings:
    Location1;Location2,17.00;Location3,6.00

The available locations will show as alternate radio buttons under the Store Pickup choice during checkout.
    Radio buttons are drawn for each location, and the price will be shown for each option.

If this module is helpful to you, don't be afraid to send a donation to Zen Cart: www.zen-cart.com/donate
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrByte; 9 Feb 2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: updated attachment to fix PHP error

Plugin Contributions

AWESOME! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast