Plugin Contributions

Default Pre-order : Process payment when shipped?

Currently, when an order is placed, payment is processed at the same time. That is fine, assuming the product is in stock and ships immediately. But if an order is based on "pre-order", the payment is received now, but the product may not ship for several weeks or even months. Is there a way to receive the order now, but process the actual payment only when the product is ready to be shipped?

This is based on a store that only offers Paypal as a payment method.

Vito

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pre-order : Process payment when shipped?

Yes. Set your PayPal module settings to "Auth Only" instead of "Final Sale".
    But then you must manually "Capture" the payment for *every* transaction when you ship it. If you forget, you will not get your money.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah OK thanks. Hmm. I guess you need to make a choice, neither being perfect. It would be cool if you could flag *by product* as to whether it is an Auth Only product or not. I wonder if it is an easy hack. Let's say, any product that has a date entered in the "DATE AVAILABLE" field will be considered Auth Only. Otherwise, capture payment as well.

Vito

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's an approach you could experiment with.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Heh, I wish I was knowledgeable enough to experiment with it myself. I barely dabble in coding to make minor edits, let alone write new code myself. Perhaps I'll go ahead and create a thread in the Features Wish List forum with this as a suggestion for a new feature or a new mod.

Thanks again for your help, DrByte. :)

Vito

Plugin Contributions

Hmm. Oops, I just realized that this store also uses InternetSecure as a payment option. And in the IS settings, there is option to set to Auth Only. Is there some other way to set this?

Vito

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Only if the module supports it. If the author of the module didn't write the code to support the option, then you may not have a choice without writing the custom coding required to support it.