Italy, next to Venice, drop by when in premises.
    Plugin Contributions

Default Download by redirect on a linux server of godaddy won't work, without redirect is ok!

It's nearly midnight in Italy, my eyes hurt, I have being reading forums and faq's al day, but couldn't solve it.

I did all the damn steps, atributes and all, and had 2 weird behaviours I could not solve.

1 (minor) setting the product on "free" it still requires my manual prmit to download (I have to set the status manually on processing from pending) and update to e-mail the link to the client (my dog for now) and give them access to their account to start download.

(BTW why the client can't see a link that leads to their accounts after logged in unless they place an order or are entering with a link from an e-mail????? )

2. (major) on "download by redirect" the link leads to the /pub/ file (logical thing, it creates there the temporary redirect) and... it dies

If I set "download by redirect " to "0" than all works fine, download is just great, but the /download/ file is no longer protected, so my wish is to protect it, but how?

Solutions and advices to bot 1 and 2 issue are welcome.

Emil,

Unzeanable in due time!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download by redirect on a linux server of godaddy won't work, without redirect is

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Italy, next to Venice, drop by when in premises.
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download by redirect on a linux server of godaddy won't work, without redirect is

Thanks DrByte, very useful!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You can set the list of permitted filetypes in your /download/.htaccess and your /pub/.htaccess files.

A number of security protections were added to v1.3.9.
    You can see more discussion on these in the various WhatsNew files in your /docs/ folder.

Here is for dummies:

(That would be ME)

".files" are invisible, you download it on your desktor it normaly shold not appear to your mortal eyes.

Make a folder on the desktop, go with your FTP client in the Download file of your site, click on .htacess file, drag and drop it in your new folder, this will copy it.

open your new folder from desktop, you should see it empty. Go to the menu bar of the folder, click on view and select to view hidden files

Now you should see it the .htaccess

ope it with a text editor

look at the text, at one point it says ALL downloads are denid

below it says that some formats are excepted, add your formats after the last one, separating them by a VERTICAL BAR (shift backslash that is before the number 1 in the numbers row above the letters on the keyboard)

Close and save the file, return to FTP client, upload and overwrite

Done

Delete the HT access file from your computer, goo with FTP client on your site to the PUB file (almost the last one in the HOME file) and do all of it again with the PUB file HT Access.

Than pray it works.