root directory/ cache
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    Read this tutorial:

report back any errors in this folder:
    Thanks. Everything in the stor and admin works - the blank screen is only after trying to run the backup. I double-checked my file uploads and there are no recent error logs in that folder.

The only file I edited was the configure (to exclude my images folder) and I believe my sntax is correct:

Code:
      $exclude_files = array("".DIR_FS_CATALOG."cache",
      						 "".DIR_FS_CATALOG."extras",
      						 "".DIR_FS_CATALOG."images",
      						 "".DIR_FS_CATALOG."pub"
      						 );

Plugin Contributions

Ok, here's what I found:

I use a shared SSL server and this program doesn't like the path that is normally used for all my admin functions:

https://www.sharedsslserver.com/mydo...somescript.php

It will load the main backup screen within admin (https://www.sharedsslserver.com/mydo.../backup_zc.php), but when I actually run a backup, it will return with a white screen and this in the URL bar:

https://www.sharedsslserver.com/backup_zc.php

Clearly, a broken path definition somewhere - but I can't fix it.

When I disable all SSL for admin side, the backup program works for the most part. I can do backups of all files and directories, downloaded or not. SQL backups do not work if I choose to download, or they seem to work if stored on the server, but the files are considered "invalid" when I try to open them.

I guess it doesn't matter, though, as I will NOT be running my store without full SSL on the admin side, so unless I missed something or a patch is written to allow for relative paths, I won't be able to use this backup program.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cheepnis View Post
    I installed this on an unmodified ZC v1.3.9h, MySQL 5.0.51a, PHP Version: 5.2.4 on an Apache server.

I have set php.ini to allow 1024M of memory and I have set the zip compression to as high as 9 and the memory limit in the config to as high as 1000M. I have set permissions on both cache and backups to 777. I excluded the images folder and a complete site size is less than 20M. My database is 4.7M

I only ever get a blank screen, regardless of settings: single directory or full site, sql on or off, download or not.

No files are created in the backups folder at all - just a plain blank screen for the response.

Any ideas?
    It sounds like when you ftp the files up to your server something did not transfer correctly. I would re-transfer the files up to your server again.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

I'm not seeing a 'Backup Zencart' box in my 'Tools' menu. I noticed someone else had the same issue though no idea what the fix was.

I've gone through to make sure everything is supposed to be where it is and I can't seem to figure out why it's not there...?

EDIT: Never mind...the problem was that I didn't check check the box for that mod in my user admin page.

Problem solved!
    Last edited by laurenjj; 24 Jun 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: figured it out :)

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

hi,
    this module was used on ZenCart 1.3.9h, module version 1.0.7 and was working fine on previous server with mysql 1.0.92. not sure what the php server was, but the new one is 5.2.17
    the servers have moved since then and upgraded to mysql 1.1.56
    i have set chmod 777 on the zc_admin\backups and cache directories as suggested, though this has no effect as to creating the backup files. backup zc says they are created if i choose not to download, but when i go into ftp the files are not there. if i choose to download however, i get the following message:

Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource.
    Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

but this is because the files are not being created where Backup ZC says they should be. the directories mentioned have been given 777 CHMOD access via FileZilla 3.5.0, but to no effect.

what could be wrong??? 0o
    Last edited by Greywacke; 1 Jul 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: clarifying
    Sincerely,
    Pierre du Toit

Plugin Contributions

It sounds like it is all about user rights.
    Using your ftp software who owns the cache directory and admin/backup directory.

Backup ZC default uses the cache and admin/backup to write to so the script needs write access to those directories.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

I installed this according to the instructions and all the files seem to be in the right place. But when I click on Tools->Backup Zencart, I get the notes on the left, and at the bottom it states, "Please be patient scanning your Zen Cart directory structure." But nothing ever appears on the right side of the screen. Any ideas?

I am running 1.3.9h and downloaded ver. 1.07.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by laurenjj View Post
    I'm not seeing a 'Backup Zencart' box in my 'Tools' menu. I noticed someone else had the same issue though no idea what the fix was.

I've gone through to make sure everything is supposed to be where it is and I can't seem to figure out why it's not there...?

EDIT: Never mind...the problem was that I didn't check check the box for that mod in my user admin page.

Problem solved!
    Would you please explain where this box is that you spoke of? I also installed this module and it does not show up. What box is that I am suppose to check and where please?

Plugin Contributions

I had this mod running on another site on another server and loved it.

On my current server all I get is Internal Server Error messages when I choose it from the menu.

I've reupped the files, even gone back and tried other versions of the mod. I'm running 1.3.9h and just can't get anything to work. I've checked the permissions as well, cache is set to 777. PHP version 5.2.9, MySQL 5.1.56.

Here's the error log entry:

[Fri Oct 07 17:11:59 2011] [error] [client My local machine IP] File does not exist: /home/mydomain/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/upgradetest/...erver_info.php

The end piece, server_info.php in this case, is whatever page I was on when I tried to access backup.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast