Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by kuigy View Post
    I had this mod running on another site on another server and loved it.

On my current server all I get is Internal Server Error messages when I choose it from the menu.

I've reupped the files, even gone back and tried other versions of the mod. I'm running 1.3.9h and just can't get anything to work. I've checked the permissions as well, cache is set to 777. PHP version 5.2.9, MySQL 5.1.56.

Here's the error log entry:

[Fri Oct 07 17:11:59 2011] [error] [client My local machine IP] File does not exist: /home/mydomain/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/upgradetest/...erver_info.php

The end piece, server_info.php in this case, is whatever page I was on when I tried to access backup.
    The 500.shtml file is normally a cpanel error file that you setup.

Look in the zen cart cache folder and there should be an error file. That file should tell you what the error is.

It sounds like the install is wrong.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

No errors show in the cache directory (at least none related to this mod.) I already posted the server error log, no help there either.

I've installed and reinstalled 3 different versions a total of 5 times now. I promise I installed it correctly according to the install instructions.

I've had this running before.

Are there any requirements that I'm missing?

My server has the memory limit set at 32M, but I went into the config and changed the chunk it tries to reserve to as low as 10M which didn't help either.

Plugin Contributions

Well it's not the php memory limit. I edited php.ini and changed the value to 128M. Still nothing. I'll try reuploading the mod again.

Plugin Contributions

I just installed a fresh copy of the latest Zen Cart 1.3.9h and added the sample info.

No other mods have been installed. The Zen Cart install was fine, all the checks were green. I did set it to use utf-8 though.

I uploaded all the files with Filezilla by entering the local directory of YOUR_ADMIN and selecting all files. I entered my admin directory as the remote directory. Uploaded the files and checked them. They are all in the correct directories.

Hop over to the admin area and click Backup Zen Cart. Then I get a 500 Internal Server Error. In the log file, the only error listed is a 404 because it can't find 500.shtml (which is not an error describing this 500.)

So, my thought is that the mod has requirements that are not listed. Maybe because the common set up on a server runs it just fine and my server isn't set up that way? Does anybody have an idea on how to troubleshoot this?

Plugin Contributions

Went to my server's tech support and told them about it. They fixed whatever the issue was with the server. The mod is running fine.

I repeat, if you are getting a 500 Internal Server Error, check with your hosting company. My issue was not with the mod, but with my server config. I'm still waiting on them to tell me which setting was preventing this from working. If they let me know, I'll report it back here for posterity's sake.

Thanks for the mod!

Update: The issue was with php suhosin. I don't know what it is or why it was causing errors, but if you have problems point your tech support guys toward it. Now that I know that, turns out there's an entire thread about it already here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110204
    Last edited by kuigy; 10 Oct 2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: update

Plugin Contributions

I hate to sound like an idiot, but where do I upload the folder?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHughes View Post
    I hate to sound like an idiot, but where do I upload the folder?
    In the readme file you find how to install.

INSTALLATION
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unzip backup_zc_v???.zip file to a temp area on your local computer.
    Rename the YOUR_ADMIN folder to match the admin folder name that you are using on your Zen Cart site.

Upload all files from the newly renamed "admin" folder as-is to your server, retaining folder structures.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Hello;

I need some help, I read the installation but confused on where to upload and do I upload into a fold?

Plugin Contributions

Hello Skip;

I read the ReadMe

Rename the YOUR_ADMIN folder to match the admin folder name that you are using on your Zen Cart site.

Upload all files from the newly renamed "admin" folder as-is to your server, retaining folder structures.

But again I am a novice here, so I need to know, do I create a new folder and if so where do I place the folder, or do I upload the files and again where.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHughes View Post
    Hello Skip;

I read the ReadMe

But again I am a novice here, so I need to know, do I create a new folder and if so where do I place the folder, or do I upload the files and again where.
    unzip the mod file onto your local computer.

Once you have done that you will see a folder called YOUR_ADMIN.

Using a ftp utility log into your web site. And transfer all the files and folders from your local computer folder YOUR_ADMIN to your admin folder on the web site.

Note: treat the YOUR_ADMIN folder as the admin root. do not transfer YOUR_ADMIN folder. Just every thing under it.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast