Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

It appears that in my case using "Download Archive" "No" doesn't work (also checked the suggested server settings but they appeared to be ok), probably due to the server mod_fcgid settings. But selecting "Yes" "Download Archive" does the trick!

When using the download option the total time for backing up the database + all files takes about 20 seconds and isn't interrupted by the server.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately a fresh upload still produces the same results, as Paulm states this only appears to affect some options (mostly the larger file size ones though)
    Due to some ZC systems that are very heavy in large images/large data bases I have seen that php can not do a complete backup in one pass. That is why there are the options to do sections of what to backup. (This is a work around for php limitations)

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

I thought that might have been a problem, so I excluded the images folder from the back up

addon states total back up should be approx 97meg

I have no real frame of reference, I thought that was not too large, or am I being hopeful lol :)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the newbie question but will this work with version 1.5.1?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question but will this work with version 1.5.1?
    Yes Backup ZC 1.5.x will work
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I've got it installed and in 'appearance' it looks like it should be working, but isn't. I tried backing up my complete site (default) but when I click the button to backup I'm taken to my login page. This happens regardless whether I'm trying to download or cache my backup. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Whoops, okay I just noticed this message from my webhost: "Reminder: The Terms of Service does not allow inappropriate use of our network for online storage. Please see "UNLIMITED" USAGE POLICIES AND DEFINITIONS for more information. Files uploaded in connection with your hosted site are always welcome. For approved online backup services please visit the Partners section of cPanel."

I guess I'm going to have to uninstall the Plugin!...booooo...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Skipwater,

I am currently having problems with this plugin. It used to work fine, but now it doesn't zip properly. It just leaves a blank screen. I've had the support team from the server I use (imhosted.com) work with me on this even though its unsupported on their end. From what we can see, .rar and .gzip are fine, but .zip gets corrupted. Not sure if the hosting provider have changed anything on their side, but if they have, they're are ready to make server wide changes to help resolve the issue for me and other potential zen cart users of this plugin.

I'm running z cart 1.5.0 until I get this plugin to work then ill upgrade.
    wakeleymb.com.au

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wakeleymb View Post
    Hi Skipwater,

I am currently having problems with this plugin. It used to work fine, but now it doesn't zip properly. It just leaves a blank screen. I've had the support team from the server I use (imhosted.com) work with me on this even though its unsupported on their end. From what we can see, .rar and .gzip are fine, but .zip gets corrupted. Not sure if the hosting provider have changed anything on their side, but if they have, they're are ready to make server wide changes to help resolve the issue for me and other potential zen cart users of this plugin.

I'm running z cart 1.5.0 until I get this plugin to work then ill upgrade.
    Check in zen cart admin if Configuration->GZip Compression is set to off '0'. If it is not off set it to off.

On some servers this interferes with zc backups zip compression.

If that is not it try and find out if the server is compressing the data. Before zc backup zips(compress) it again.

Or is zc backup timing out when the zip option is selection?

Check if there are any error files in your cache folder.

Skip
    • 446F63746F722057686F •

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Just wanted to share an issue we had and how it was fixed (some solutions already provided in this thread but I don't believe this exact and very easy fix that ended up working for us as we could not edit the server PHP settings as it's on a shared server).

During backups we would randomly get Error 500 (basically the backup was taking longer than the PHP time out and displaying the Error 500 after around 1 - 1.5min of running)

If any one has this same issue (which I see a number of people have already) the below seemed to fix it for us:

Zencart Admin --> Configuration --> My Store --> Admin Set max_execution_time for processes --> 200

Hope it helps others.... Enjoy!

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast