Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Clicking Checkout shows Cokkies not enabled message

Just wanted to confirm that deleting "search" from the spiders.txt fixed my problem in both IE8 and Firefox 3.6.13.

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clicking Checkout shows Cokkies not enabled message

Try this new /includes/spiders.txt file, which will be in the next version of ZC.

(Actually, as of v1.5.0, while the "fixes" included in this attached file will be part of v1.5.0, the actual 1.5.0 version, and future versions, will likely be different simply because of changes in spiders.
    Thus, this file is applicable only for making fixes to v1.3.9xx)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DrByte; 10 Nov 2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: clarification about "next version"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clicking Checkout shows Cookies not enabled message

I experienced same problem in IE and FF due to M$'s new Bing toolbar crap. Fixing spiders.txt solved for me too. Hope there are plans to fix this!

Plugin Contributions

Another satisfied Zenner! Big thanks to Audrea, Dr. Byte and the community for posting ideas and solutions to our issues.

We verified that the new spiders.txt file from Dr. Byte solved the "cookies not enabled" problem for our client in IE8. Our browser worked fine, but the client's browser had the problem. (v1.3.9h)

Plugin Contributions

I wanted to note that I ran into this problem, and for the moment anyway, seem to have solved it.

However, I did so by changing Configuration/Sessions/Force Cookie Use to True instead of False. I got the idea from this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49239

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what forcing cookie use does, but for the moment haven't encountered any problems from turning it on.

Just wanted to link the two workarounds to the same spot.

Plugin Contributions

Setting "Force Cookie Use" to true only works when you have no SSL or Full SSL. If you set it to rue with Shared SSL then it will cause the problem of redirecting people to the Cookies Not Enabled page.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem. Version 1.3.9h, never upgraded, works fine on my computer if I use Safari, but when I try IE8 with lowest security setting (the medium my error message suggests) nothing changes. I've always had this problem. url is http://www.docgrouper.com/myzencart. Thanks, Bill

Plugin Contributions

Recently upgraded from v 1.3.8a to v 1.3.9H
    Why are people with internet explorer browsers getting this page and cant order. =( I got one complaint about it last night and I am testing it on my IE and it is doing the same thing

https://www.mysticcrypt.com/index.ph...e=cookie_usage

Even if I set the browser to a low setting and specifically allow cookies enabled for mysticcrypt.com if will not work. =(
    Cookie Usage
    We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or cookies have been disabled.
    Cookie Privacy and Security
    Cookies must be enabled to purchase online on this store, this is to embrace privacy and security related issues regarding your visit to this site.

By enabling cookie support on your browser, the communication between you and this site is strengthened to be certain it is you who are making transactions on your own behalf, and to prevent leakage of your privacy information.
    To continue shopping online, we encourage you to enable cookies on your browser.
    For Internet Explorer browsers, please follow these instructions:
    1. Click on the Tools menubar, and select Internet Options
    2. Select the Security tab, and reset the security level to Medium
    We have taken this security measurement for your benefit, and apologize if this causes any inconvenience.
    Please contact the store owner if you have any questions relating to this requirement, or to continue purchasing products offline.

It looks like there was a known bug for the new version and here is the fix that dr byte posted. ? The fix is the one that I should use for sure? Please help thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I want to see if that file is the right one to fix things for v 1.3.9h? Or if you are saying that should be fixed on the new, because mine is not. Here are my configurations tell me if i need to change something
    Sessions
    Title Value Action
    Session Directory HIDDEN FOR SECURITY
    Cookie Domain True
    Force Cookie Use False
    Check SSL Session ID False
    Check User Agent False
    Check IP Address False
    Prevent Spider Sessions True
    Recreate Session False
    IP to Host Conversion Status true
    Use root path for cookie path False
    Add period prefix to cookie domain True

Plugin Contributions

We installed the file Dr Byte gave and I dont seem to be getting any more errors on IE on my computer anymore. Still testing w other customers. =) Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast