Plugin Contributions

Default HTML Emails not working with COWOA addon

Hi all.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Just installed 1.3.9e

Integrated COWOA and Stock By Attributes.

Everything is working OK apart from the fact customer emails are not sending to the customer as HTML.

Strangely enough the order confirmations coming to the admin ARE HTML so I at least know the system is able to send them.

my settings are as follows:
    Email options
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails - true
    Send E-Mails - true
    Email admin format - HTML

I checked the entries in the database and the customers email preference is set to HTML

stupidly I did not test this before adding the Mods so am unsure if its how I have merged the files, but if anyone can give me some pointers of code I can check I would be grateful.

Many Thanks,
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML Emails not working

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    Hi all.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Just installed 1.3.9e

Integrated COWOA and Stock By Attributes.

Everything is working OK apart from the fact customer emails are not sending to the customer as HTML.

Strangely enough the order confirmations coming to the admin ARE HTML so I at least know the system is able to send them.

my settings are as follows:
    Email options
    Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails - true
    Send E-Mails - true
    Email admin format - HTML

I checked the entries in the database and the customers email preference is set to HTML

stupidly I did not test this before adding the Mods so am unsure if its how I have merged the files, but if anyone can give me some pointers of code I can check I would be grateful.

Many Thanks,
    Phil
    Resloved.

This was happening because I was checking out without account which set TEXT only emails, then test by creating account with same email and this set to HTML.

Im guessing that when it checks email preference it finds preference where email = customers email, but with COWOA its finding the without account with text only set first.

I have reported to the forum for the contribution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML Emails not working

Quote Originally Posted by philip937 View Post
    Resloved.

Im guessing that when it checks email preference it finds preference where email = customers email, but with COWOA its finding the without account with text only set first.

I have reported to the forum for the contribution.
    Did you figure out how to get COWOA to send HTML email to customers instead of text messages? I can't figure it out either, and I don't see any other posts about this issue elsewhere.

Did you get any responses on the forum? If so, please point me to the link. Otherwise, let me know if you have found a solution on your own.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Jenda View Post
    Did you figure out how to get COWOA to send HTML email to customers instead of text messages? I can't figure it out either, and I don't see any other posts about this issue elsewhere.

Did you get any responses on the forum? If so, please point me to the link. Otherwise, let me know if you have found a solution on your own.

Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it was something to do eighths fact that the HTML/text option being hidden, I just followed the reverse procedure of hiding it that used to be an optional feature.

But as I said it seems if cowoa customer chooses text only, then chooses HTML later when creating an account, it only send their original choice.

Hope that helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML Emails not working with COWOA addon

Hi,
    I am having the same problem (i think) but I need a little more clarification. I upgraded from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9f. I use stock by attributes add on. My emails are set to send as html, but keep sending as text. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can provide more information if needed.

Lindsay