Plugin Contributions

Default Upgraded to 1.3.9d and it Erased Everything

I upgraded from the last Zen Cart version to 1.3.9d. Any way of going back to the last version so it will restore my last settings?? All design work I did is now gone because I upgraded! I have to remember all of and redo it. So Frustrating!!
    Stacee Edwards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded to 1.3.9d and it Erased Everything

Um ... How exactly did you "upgrade"?

Which of these steps did you skip? https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I upgraded from the web host control panel.
    Stacee Edwards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Nuf said. Don't do that.

Restore your site from backup, and then follow the official upgrade instructions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Back up? I don't have a back up.
    Stacee Edwards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's very bad.
    Rule Number One when working with websites: Always make backups before making any changes.

When you login to your admin, are your products and customers and orders still there? Especially the latest ones?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acreativepage View Post
    Back up? I don't have a back up.
    Ask your Hoster if they have a backup and what the date is for it. Sometimes the backup is recent but sometimes it is not.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for all of your help!!
    Stacee Edwards

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember: Your Zen Cart store consists of two major components: the "files" (PHP files, image files, css files, etc) and the "database" (which stores all your products, customers, orders, etc).

If your admin shows all your products and customers and orders, then I suggest you do a fresh database backup BEFORE you ask your hosting company to restore an old backup.
    Database Backup instructions: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=103

File Backup instructions: Use your FTP program to copy all the files from your site server to your PC