Most of my orders are capable of being sent out in the Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes from USPS; however, since ZC doesn't take item size into consideration I'm not sure if there is an effective way for it to determine if an item qualifies for that shipping method. Since FRBs are not currently an option for domestic shipping, I am not running into too many problems but I seem to be having problems with International Shipping via FRBs; not the module itself, but rather the customers. I was wondering if there was an easy way to fix this, or if I should just disable Flat Rate options until a better solution is in place.

Basically, I have all sizes of flat rate box available for selection on International shipping; some people are capable of thinking about the size of the item they are purchasing, while others are not. While the size descriptions ("small", "medium", "large") are pretty vague, I'd think that someone would realize that a keyboard is not a small item--but people never cease to amaze me about how little thought they put into things. In the case with the keyboard I'm referring to, small FRB is very cheap ($13) compared to the option that would actually work, regular Int. Priority ($35) but is still cheaper than the next size FRB, medium ($43). Problem is, the actual shipping cost on this order would be more than the total received ($26) for the order as priced by ZC, so I'm not interested in "eating" the shipping difference. I'm not a greedy megacorporation, but I'm also not a charity.

Is there a way, with the current shipping module or another third-party module, to account for this sort of situation? Without adding item volume/dimensions and whatnot to ZC (which I assume would be a huge undertaking) is there a module that would allow me to set a maximum weight or item count for a particular shipping method? Or classify items into a basic size class? Is there any chance of this type of system being incorporated into future ZC releases?

If the answer is "no", I can take that; before the International FRB option was available, I'd just send the customer a refund (I'm too honest, what can I say?) when they selected Priority Int. and their order would fit into a much cheaper FRB. It's not as big of a problem with domestic Priority, since the difference is usually less than $2, which I feel less guilty about holding on to. However, in my mind offering the cheaper FRB options would mean more sales, and as I said earlier, a majority of my sales fit into FRBs and 2/3 of my international customers are capable of thinking about the size of the items they're purchasing.

Sorry for the lengthy post, any thoughts or suggestions on this matter would be much appreciated.