Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com integration - Couple small bugs need addressing

Stamps.com checks for orders every 2 hours and the timer is not adjustable, so every 2 hours they check for orders from the past 4-5 days and for orders 1 day into the future (tomorrow).... not just orders since the last query.

Your server stats should show upwards of 200,000 hits from them every 2 weeks.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

is there a way for stamps.com to allow the "ty package tracker" to pick up the tracking information so that the customers get the tracking info as a link and it is a link in the shop admin? i haven't yet found out where stamps is storing the tracking id it sends to zencart.

Plugin Contributions

I emailed [email protected] on wednesday at around noon and have yet to receive a reply. this system is starting to not look as attractive as it did at first. my customer is threatening to leave it now as well. =(

Plugin Contributions

if one would only know where and they store the data sent from stamps back to zen-cart... that might open the door to redirect the data into the database so that package tracker can pick it up

Plugin Contributions

Look in

orders_status_history table in the COMMENTS field for the USPS tracking number
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Stamps.com checks for orders every 2 hours and the timer is not adjustable, so every 2 hours they check for orders from the past 4-5 days and for orders 1 day into the future (tomorrow).... not just orders since the last query.

Your server stats should show upwards of 200,000 hits from them every 2 weeks.
    wonder what's the point in having a refresh button in the stamps.com software? One would think it would pull a manual query for orders at the time of clicking [Refresh]. *maybe this could be a feature enhancement.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StampsCom View Post
    On Dec 2, 2010 CHUCK SAID
    Currently, it seems that this functionality is not working as it should; all orders seem to be defaulting to First-Class Mail. Hopefully we'll have this sorted this out in the near future. Once everything is fixed on our end, I'll be sure to update here and provide any necessary instructions to make it easy to get it working for everyone.

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com
    Any update? 3 months doesn't fit the definition of "near future" but the developers can implement changes to the Magento code weekly and nary a change to the zencart code.

Weekly connectivity problems between Stamps.com and Shiprush.com are becoming more irritating, especially when the response is "Sorry you can't print postage, keep retrying until you can. Tier2 says the error you're getting does not exist."
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I couldn't agree more rick.

I feel like an idiot recommending this software to my customer and now after 4 or 5 posts here and an email to which I have never even received a reply I can say I won't be recommending stamps.com to anyone else.

I don't what else I can do to resolve my customer's issue and I don't know what kind of supposedly reputable business just ignores their customers' (and resellers) requests for KNOWN BUG FIXES FOR MONTHS. it doesn't bode well for their future imo.

Plugin Contributions

This week, I asked "What is Chuck's position within the Stamps.com organization?"

The answer was "I've been here a while and I don't know anyone named Chuck."

I have not received any response to previous escalations nor to this week's email to "Chuck".

All of the updates for the last few months have been to the Magento version.

(Rick's opinion) Most of the issues stem from Stamps contracting ShipRush/Z-firm for the ecommerce addins. ShipRush software uses Endicia as their USPS partner. Endicia is Stamps.com main competitor. Sounds like a conflict of interest to me but explains why the zencart addin takes back seat to problem resolution.

For the amount of headache, maybe the resolution is to pay a slightly higher monthly fee for the convenience and replace the Stamps.com addin with the Endicia addin.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

as is often the case, the cheap comes out expensive. I thought I was choosing a fairly high end system for a bit lower cost but the time I have spent just asking for help on this one most basic thing has cost more than we ever saved. I don't see where endicia offers zencart integration, did I miss that? my customer and I both are more than open to other options at this point.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast