Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com integration - Couple small bugs need addressing

Quote Originally Posted by StampsCom View Post
    Robert,

I am glad to hear that you've implemented the integration. Hopefully I can help with the issues you've reported.

Filtering out UPS orders - at this time, we do not filter out any orders. I have passed your request along to our product team.

Importing shipping method - it is possible to import the ship method. In order to accomplish this, you need to use the correct syntax for Stamps.com to recognize the imported ship method. I am looking into the specifics of this syntax and will post a response once I have it.

You can toggle on/off emails and hidden postage under Profile Options:

To access profile options, click Batch>Manage>Edit>Close the Web Store setup and there should be a "Profile Options" dialog box. Here you can select "Hidden Postage Amount".

Please let me know if changing these settings does not correct the issues you have had with hidden postage or email notifications.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to me let me know.

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com
    Thanks for the reply.

We where able to hide the postage with the above setting. He also checked the box to enable the email notifications. The tracking info is still posting back to the zen cart order status. But its still showing the big red x under Customer was notified. My shipping manager thinks that the email customer option may be for stamps.com to email the customer directly with the tracking info? Which would be fine if the import captured the email address? But I am not sure that it does? Unfortunately I am unable to work directly with the stamps.com software because I am 200 miles away from our shipping warehouse. I just have access to the server side. But My shipping manager is savvy enough to figure out the end user side. I have a feeling there is a flag somewhere in the code we need to enable to make zen cart notify the customer when its been shipped. I just have to find out where it is.

I look forward to the updates regarding postage selection importing and UPS filtering. He said he is able to uncheck the UPS orders but there have been times one slips through accidentally but he is able to get a refund for the postage.

Robert,

Stamps.com is capable of sending out notification emails to recipients. But you are correct, you would need to import email address in order to accomplish this.

When the data is imported, do you not see the email address field populated?

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com

Plugin Contributions

Robert,

I am glad to hear that you've implemented the integration. Hopefully I can help with the issues you've reported.

Filtering out UPS orders - at this time, we do not filter out any orders. I have passed your request along to our product team.

Importing shipping method - it is possible to import the ship method. In order to accomplish this, you need to use the correct syntax for Stamps.com to recognize the imported ship method. I am looking into the specifics of this syntax and will post a response once I have it.

You can toggle on/off emails and hidden postage under Profile Options:

To access profile options, click Batch>Manage>Edit>Close the Web Store setup and there should be a "Profile Options" dialog box. Here you can select "Hidden Postage Amount".

Please let me know if changing these settings does not correct the issues you have had with hidden postage or email notifications.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to me let me know.

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com
    I have this configured and working but have a couple issues. First, what is the correct syntax to import the shipping method? I too have the problem of needing to go into every order and select the shipping method the customer selected.
    Next I have the ty_package_tracker_for_x_2-3a add-on installed. This gives my customer the ability to track shipping from their logged in account. You post the tracking number to the order comments but it's not clickable and the field in the DB that the tracking mod uses is not populated. If I try and add the tracking info for the order it says no modifications are found and gives an error. Having a couple items in the settings for the code to use to map the shipping methods to the required syntax and to specify the field in the DB to hold the tracking number would be wonderful. Right now this is as much work as doing a cut and paste for each order.

badarac,

First off, thank you for the feedback. I have passed your request regarding package_tracker along to our product development team.

Regarding the syntax, I am working with our technical team to obtain the syntax for shipping method imports and hope to have this information soon. As soon as I have this information, I will be sure to update.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com

Plugin Contributions

was working pretty decent until a couple of days ago. then out of the blue he started getting this error and it no longer connects to the webstore..

This webstore misbehaved and was disabled. Reason:AuthenticationError

Plugin Contributions

Edit

I downloaded the latest version and uploaded it to the webstore and its working again.

stamps says there is a current php plugin zip(v1.0.0.38690) the one that is in the system is 1.0.0.37782

Plugin Contributions

Darn,

They forced me to install what was the current version of 1.0.0.38666 on Monday because last Friday's version 1.0.0.38600 caused them to disable my account. AND NOW, on Wednesday, the current version is 1.0.0.38690 ???

Most of the time there is no difference in the versions other than the version number itself. The Stamps.com programmers say that even though WinMerge indicates no changes other than version number that there are in-fact changes to the files and that WinMerge is not a valid utility to check for differences.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

well I will tell you this.. On the zsettings file I changed nothing but the version number on the top of the php file. The other 3 files I replaced w the new files.. And it is indeed working

Plugin Contributions

TNX Robert

That's what I'll start doing too. It seems a bit much to release new versions that have no changes on a daily basis.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

badarac,
    Regarding the syntax, I am working with our technical team to obtain the syntax for shipping method imports and hope to have this information soon. As soon as I have this information, I will be sure to update.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com
    Any update on the syntax question?

I just added first class mail as an option and have uncovered a problem. I imported an order and in batch mode it added a 19 cent charge to the rate for delivery confirmation. Using the manual mode to calculate shipping (packages - thick envelope 8oz) to the same address did not add that fee. The USPS rate calculator also did not add this on the website. In batch mode adding a manual entry first class is not even selectable regardless of weight.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast