Plugin Contributions

Default How would I go about doing this?

my site is http://www.traditionalirishgifts.com

What I want to do is, while keeping all the rest of the category images in the centre column of the main page, I'd like to remove two of them. Or at least make two specific ones not appear.

The reason is I'm planning on creating two custom areas/boxes to make a feature of the two categories mentioned above and then putting them in define_main_page.php which will appear above the centre category box; having those categories appear below as well will bugger up my layout plans.

What I imagine I have to do is find what ever file creates the html for the category centre box on the main page, I'm guessing there'll be an array or something which generates the categories according to whatever it's found in the DB. Then do I put an if statement in there saying if the current category is X then don't display it, carry on to the next one.

Or something like that?

Is that even remotely close? If anyone fancies guiding me in the right direction I'd be very grateful, I've only a very very limited knowledge of what's what but I'm eager to learn!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How would I go about doing this

Sorry if I'm not understanding, but it seems like you could just remove the images from those categories in the category setup page, leaving them on the server, and just insert the images in define_main_page, linking them to the proper category URL.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah but then would the text for that category not still appear? Even if the images were deleted would the software not still try to spit out that category, no image appears but the text link to the category still is there?

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if this is possible?