Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Website Payments Pro (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

When I checkout I get this error! Why?

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Lemme guess: You're hosted at GoDaddy, right?
    Turn off the CURL proxy.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159943

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

Yeah... Good guess! Lemme try it...

Plugin Contributions

It fixed the paypal problem, but when I checkout with a credit card it says:

10548 Invalid Configuration - This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's telling you that your Website Payments Pro account isn't configured for handling credit cards yet.
    Contact your PayPal representative for help.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok.. Do I have 2 pay for that? Is it a additional service or something?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes. There's a monthly fee. You can find all the details on each of PayPal's services on their website.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

I signed up for an SSL cert with my godaddy hosted site. Apparently they moved our site to a new server and when they did, I started receiving this 403 error. But of course I did not discovery this until 12 hours later. My mail box is full of error messages of all the sales we lost.
    Turning Curl to off did the trick.

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro (56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

(56) Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT

ZenCart 139h, GoDaddy hosting, February 1st, 2011.

I changed servers from godaddy to godaddy... got the error, found this thread, and would like to thank those that posted before me. it's still an issue it seems and the fix still works!

Thanks!

Twitch.