Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default meta data for define_pages

Im trying to add meta description tags for my define pages. There doesn't seem to be an over ride for them in meta_tags.php

Are they someplace else,or am I out of luck

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: meata data for define_pages

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrett View Post
    Im trying to add meta description tags for my define pages. There doesn't seem to be an over ride for them in meta_tags.php

Are they someplace else,or am I out of luck

Thanks
    includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

// Per-Page meta-tags. Follow this pattern for individual pages you wish to override. This is useful mainly for additional pages.
    // replace "page_name" with the UPPERCASE name of your main_page= value, such as ABOUT_US or SHIPPINGINFO etc.
    // repeat pattern as necessary
    define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_page_name','');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_page_name','');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_page_name', '');

Plugin Contributions

Hello!

I am having a problem with my meta_tags.php files. I am using Zen Cart version 1.3.9d, and am using the pinkywinky template. The problem I am having is that I have edited my Per-Page meta-tags:

// Per-Page meta-tags. Follow this pattern for individual pages you wish to override. This is useful mainly for additional pages.
    // replace "page_name" with the UPPERCASE name of your main_page= value, such as ABOUT_US or SHIPPINGINFO etc.

in this section, under includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php, and have saved them under includes/languages/english/pinkywinky/meta_tags.php, but when I view my site live all of my pages have the same meta description, title, and keywords as my home page, and none of the per-page meta-tags information that I have edited has been changed. I have 38 entries in this file under per-page meta-tags, and not a single one has changed. I have looked over this file a thousand times, and can not see where I might have missed anything like an apostrophe or anything like that that might make it not work, so I am not sure what is wrong.
    I am desperate to find a solution to this, because after using Google Webmaster Tools on my site, it was suggested that my site was not getting the ranking it could due to repetitive meta titles, descriptions and keywords. Thank you so much for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imaginationtoy View Post
    Hello!

I am having a problem with my meta_tags.php files. I am using Zen Cart version 1.3.9d, and am using the pinkywinky template. The problem I am having is that I have edited my Per-Page meta-tags:

in this section, under includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php, and have saved them under includes/languages/english/pinkywinky/meta_tags.php, but when I view my site live all of my pages have the same meta description, title, and keywords as my home page, and none of the per-page meta-tags information that I have edited has been changed. I have 38 entries in this file under per-page meta-tags, and not a single one has changed. I have looked over this file a thousand times, and can not see where I might have missed anything like an apostrophe or anything like that that might make it not work, so I am not sure what is wrong.
    I am desperate to find a solution to this, because after using Google Webmaster Tools on my site, it was suggested that my site was not getting the ranking it could due to repetitive meta titles, descriptions and keywords. Thank you so much for any help!
    You don't need to list all 30 pages but it might help it you could list one or two of them so we can see what edits you have made.

Plugin Contributions

Here are two of the entries I have made. The first one is for my main category page, and the second is for one of my individual products under that category.

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_INDEX&CPath=1','The sexiest lingerie, corsets, baby dolls, gowns, thongs, bras and panties');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_INDEX&CPath=1','######## lingerie, corsets, baby dolls, gowns, hosiery, thongs, bras, panties');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_INDEX&CPath=1','######## Lingerie, Bras And Panties For Women');

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','An elegant and ######## pearl thong for women');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','######## lingerie, pearl thong, Bracli, French lace');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','An Elegant And ######## Pearl Thong To Entice Your Lover');

Those # signs are not in the file, they just showed up when I posted it here.

Plugin Contributions

The custom meta tags for products are added via the admin area of zen cart.

The meta tags specified in languages/english/meta_tags.php are just for the special informational pages and EZ Pages that you add.

If you want to change such a page, make sure its name is with upper case characters all over.

If you want to change meta tags / description / keywords, you can do it from the admin area.

Plugin Contributions

This article in the tutorials/FAQ section may be of help

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your replies!

I do have meta descriptions, titles and keywords input through the admin for all of my products, and for all of my categories as well. But when I go to my store online and look at the page source, every single page has the same description, title and keywords, and they are the description, title and keywords I have written for my home page. The meta information I have written for my categories and products do not show up at all on there respective pages.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here are two of the entries I have made. The first one is for my main category page, and the second is for one of my individual products under that category.

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_INDEX&CPath=1','The sexiest lingerie, corsets, baby dolls, gowns, thongs, bras and panties');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_INDEX&CPath=1','######## lingerie, corsets, baby dolls, gowns, hosiery, thongs, bras, panties');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_INDEX&CPath=1','######## Lingerie, Bras And Panties For Women');

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','An elegant and ######## pearl thong for women');
    define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','######## lingerie, pearl thong, Bracli, French lace');
    define('META_TAG_TITLE_PRODUCT_INFO&CPath=1&PRODUCTS_ID=13','An Elegant And ######## Pearl Thong To Entice Your Lover');

Those # signs are not in the file, they just showed up when I posted it here.
    You cannot use that method for INDEX or PRODUCT_INFO pages. As clydejones has said, you do that in the admin on each of the categories and products.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I do have meta descriptions, titles and keywords input through the admin for all of my products, and for all of my categories as well. But when I go to my store online and look at the page source, every single page has the same description, title and keywords, and they are the description, title and keywords I have written for my home page. The meta information I have written for my categories and products do not show up at all on there respective pages.
    That suggests that you've made inappropriate edits to the html_header.php template file. If you edit that file and break the normal functionality, then all the info you enter via the admin will be useless.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast