Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected

Hi Guys,

I am pulling my hair out here,

I am running 1.3.9f
    I have configured and tried both Express and IPN.

With Express I get this error
    Code:
    We are sorry for the inconvenience; however, at the present time we are unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected as your PayPal address. Please continue using normal checkout and select from the available payment methods to complete your order.
    I am in South Africa and our paypal accounts are USD no option for ZAR.
    My Zones are all the South African Provinces, and we have a TAX Rate of 14%., I have created a zone def. for South Africa and link all the zones.

When I try and make a paypal payment I get the error.

With IPN, I am getting an error were if the item is R8.00 it will bill on paypal as $8.00.
    if I set it to no zone then the values are all blank, if I add the USD currency and do an update then it will work only if I disable Detailed Line Items in Cart else I get $0.

Remember we are using ZAR in South AFrica but USD paypal accounts.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected

That message appears when the country or zone details coming back from PayPal don't have a valid match in your store's list of countries and zones.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to use PayPal to process orders from the geographic region you selected

Cool, I get this,

I have tried setting up 2 currencies, and zones for ZA and USA, but I am probably doing something wrong coz it still does not work.

Can you please explain how is should be done.
    we use ZAR here and pay paypal in USD.
    Tax needs to be 14% on all items

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The error message you've quoted has nothing to do with currencies or tax rates.

As I said, if the customer's address which is returned from PayPal can't be matched into a valid country according to what your store has set up, then that error message will appear.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response,

I understand this, but I am testing buying from Express checkout, I have a paypal account and I login with it, the address is in South Africa but I still get this error, ?

where and how in the log's can I check what I am sending and what paypal is expecting ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

But, you're asking the wrong question. It has nothing to do with what you're sending to PayPal. It's what PayPal's sending back to you: your store is unable to find a match for what it's receiving back from PayPal. That's typically a result of not having the required zones in your store to match what's coming back from PayPal.