Plugin Contributions

Default Wanting To Change Page "Names"- Info And Questions

Me again!! Getting to be a regular

I found this quoted by another member- on how to change the page names- The titles- example- Information and More Information- as well as the names underneath them- like shipping information- etc. etc.. and even the names of page2, page3 etc. etc...

Quoted by another member- sorry I can't give credit- but holy hanna- I've been printing- copying- and oh my.. Thank you though- if you find that this is from you...

QUOTE:
    "The suggestion above to go to includes/languages/english.php worked. It should be pointed out that if a custom template is being used, the english.php file to be used would be includes/languages/CUSTOMTEMPLATE/english.php, to preserve the original english.php in its original condition as the default"

It should also be pointed out that the tutorial omitted the english.php change which is critical to changing the "More Information" box titles, and so the tutorial should be updated to include that information.."

END QUOTE

Sooo- I went through- and edited the pages in the english php file.. Worked great!! I now have my pages named About Our Artists- Articles Of Interest - and Just For Fun.... Kewl

When it shows on my home page- it shows as them being renamed- to what I named them to... And I could have changed the titles- of these sections to something other than Information and More Information- right in the english php file...

BUT the links to them are still linked to page_2, page_3, and page_4 and if you go to the admin area- and go to tools- define pages editor- the pages are still named by their original names... Looking for solution to this part of it :)

Anyone???

Blessings!!
    Niki

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wanting To Change Page "Names"- Info And Questions

1. Open the english.php file located in the /includes/languages/ directory.
    2. Find this section of code:

// information box text in sideboxes/more_information.php - were TUTORIAL_
      define('BOX_HEADING_MORE_INFORMATION', 'More Information');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2', 'Page 2');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3', 'Page 3');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4', 'Page 4');
    3. and modify the define statement for BOX_HEADING_MORE_INFORMATION as needed:

// information box text in sideboxes/more_information.php - were TUTORIAL_
      define('BOX_HEADING_MORE_INFORMATION', 'More Information');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_2', 'Technical Specifications');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_3', 'Page 3');
      define('BOX_INFORMATION_PAGE_4', 'Page 4');

** Be sure to keep the single quote marks in your new define statement.
    4. Save the modified english.php file to your override folder. This will be /includes/languages/CUSTOM/ where CUSTOM represents the name of your current template folder.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there!! Thanks sooo much!! I did all this- and yes- the links show on the home page- as what I named them- and go to page-2, page-3, and page-4... I can of course- do all of my html editing in those pages- in the edit pages editor in admin panel.. The problem is - is that they are still technically url'd as page_2 and page_3, and page_4 in the address of the pages..

And- when you edit the content on these pages- in the admin control panel- you have to go and edit page_2. 3 and 4.. Those didn't change... Only the "names showing" as links under "more information....

I probably sound like I am going in circles- because I am still getting zen cart lingo down- but if you look at my page- you will hover over those newly named links- and see what I mean... :)

Still working on this issue- or minor technicality- if you will.. And now I created an ez page- with a link to my home page- and it automatically named it important links!! UG!! Now looking on how to turn off that heading name.. I only just want the "home" link showing!!! :) Oh boy!!!!

Thanks for replying!! You zenners are the best!!! Proves you can not only learn something new everyday- but a lot of new things everyday!! *smiles*....

Plugin Contributions

The easy part: If you want to turn off the heading for a particular sidebox, look at the sidebox name or id in view source. In this case, it is "ezpages", so you can add to your stylesheet

#ezpagesHeading {display: none;}

Plugin Contributions

Thank You Gjh42... I like that "ez" part *Smiles*.... Now to figure out the linking to the pages!! I am determined!!! :)

Thanks bunches...

Plugin Contributions

Opening another thread!! I decided after much research that the easiest??? way to accomplish what I would like to do- is add either one of the following!!

Ez pages- which is quite complicated in itself...
    Add On Module- "About Us"
    Add On Module- "Absolute Links Sidebox"

Sooo- moving this to a new thread- as my issues here are settled for now!! Thanks everyone!! Still "zenning"....